Skip to content

Ever successfully run / installed GSA SER and CB on a Linux VPS ?

As a Linux pro I would love to run SER  and CB on Linux VPS rather than WIN VPS

anyone ever run SER and CB on any Linux dist ?
If so what dist and what steps to get SER / CB running
How to get both GUI displayed in your desktop?

Comments

• Was looking into this the other day - I noticed that the supported platforms also included ReactOS, so maybe you could run ReactOS in a virtualbox on a linux machine - but this might just be a load of hassle!!

The other alternative is WINE on linux, but can't find anybody's experience with that yet. I have a server at home with CentOS on, I might install WINE and the SER demo and see how it works.
  • tks for your input
    I had a high performance workstation laptop (HP elitebook) earlier with wine and various tests with WIN apps,
    any win app running on wine on a linux server/VPS again has the same security issues as all WIN stuff

in my previous tests specially .net apps made a bunch of problems. Hence I have a seperat3e WIN7 laptop just for SER but even that machine is more or less fully loaded in CPU usage.

working and same time SER on same machine appears impossible to me with a.m. experience made
    every day CB freezes up a few times
    and sometimes all SER seems to stop working (without running out of resources or proxies)
    hence the remote idea of a WIN VPS running SER seems more like a nightmare than a relief of workload

best option would be some of the SER coders would port all GSA to Linux :)