Skip to content

[SER] Reasons for Out of Memory Issues

the past months i had tons of issues with out of memory issues with my SER, cause it was basically acting weird after a few minutes running, no i believe i found the reason for it, and i would like to ask to have a look at this please

with the new additon of
-Partial Match
-Secondary
-Branding
-LSI

i was able to isolate the issues on those additional anchors when macros are used within them like f.e.
%name%'s {favorite|preferred|bookmarked|popular|most visited}  %anchor_text% {Site|Website|Place|Domain|Destination}

so whenever macros are used within those the memory overlow takes place within short time and SER can be closed only via the Taskmanager.
i tried it on 3 different Computers / VPS and issues where always the same.

i wanted to post to ask you guys if you use those fields withou macros maybe and not facing those issues after all?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You use %anchor_text% in anchor texts as macro?
  • oiloil
    edited August 2013

the way you say that, it makes me feel like being a idiot LOL (maybe true thou)

but i seriously thought all of the time, that it would make sense, f.e. in the spin sample i provided above.
    SER is understanding and posting those combinations of macros within those fields, as i see in the verfied urls, The only thing is that it prolly creates some loop and causing the memory issues with SER.

I could be wrong, but i think / thought  those spin sample and others would make perfect sense in those fields creating long tail anchor texts as well  

i use %anchor_text% only in the additional Anchor Text options not in the main Anchor Text field, just to make that clear

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    OK, will try to fix it for you.
  • sweeeeeeeet thx