Skip to content

Harvesting for specific types of networks

Hi!
I have created a project for each one of the social networks ( Elgg, PHPFox, MediaWiki, and so on). I want to have all created accounts at this point separated by network, which I can only get this way. Elgg accounts in the Elgg project, PHPFox in the PHPFox project...
Using the verfied global list files ( which are just separated by type of network), I have imported the respective files in its corresponding project. For my surprise, most of them weren't recognized, with the log message "No engine matches", which should occur from my point of view, as they are just URL verified for that specific project.
Anybody could give an explanation about it?
Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2013
    did you check those url are still alive?
  • In my point of view it is not necessary. I only want to be sure that they correspond to the selected engine.

• if you have a verified url that is Dead now... you will get a "no engine matches" msg if you try to use that url again
  • You are true, rodol. Anyway, I have selected in all projects to re-verify alive links. Doesn't it delete it from the global list?

• Should I go with root URLs from these lists?

• SER will give you te option to delete them.
  • Sure. If a URL doesn't exist SER cannot find it, so the best way to avoid this is to trim URLs to root in order to be sure that they exist. Thanks.