Skip to content

Search Engine Statistics

I've a killer idea that will help people select the best search engines as per their single or multiple projects.

It'd be some sort of similar to the diagram/chart stats that you show for different posting engines.

There'd be a new option on right clicking the selected or all projects, something like "Track Search Engine Statistics for Selected Projects".

What it'd do is display a chart/diagram just like the posting engines, on what engines it posted, etc, but here in this case, it'll show which search engines scraped most links/keywords (for example it shows in logs like 003/000, etc), so it'd save the total scraped # for each selected search engine from ascending to descending order.

Now some of you may ask, why is it useful?

The reason is when we want to test different small to big list of search engine selection, the STATS like this would be VERY useful on keeping the MOST helpful search engines and ditch the lower quality ones. That way, once can easily optimize his search engines for better results!

Any feedback would be good, I'm interested to hear what @Sven @ron and @LeeG thinks about this.

Thank you.

Comments

• Any opinions? Or is it just me that is finding this interesting? :)
  • i gave up scraping with SER but back in the days i had wrote a php script for search engines statistics.
    If you are interested i can upload it.
  • @sawa73 How is it integrated with SER? Also curious why you gave up scraping for SER.
  • @Pratik It's not integrated, it analyze your logfile.txt.
    I don't scrape with SER because for some reasons my proxies die too fast, i have better results with scrapebox + public proxies.
  • @Sven

Could you please give your input? I find this extremely useful, so that I can research and ditch out low performing engines (I've over 120 currently).

Thank you.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Well my input...dividing search engine in good and bad is not that easy. Sure we know G. and bing and maybe yahoo should be used. But the rest is optional. There are some G.-clones who deliver the same result but are less restricted on bans. So you want to use them as well. There are some who give just no reply or false positive replies.

This whole thing would need some extra tools to discover what search egnine is useful and what is not that useful. Though keep in mind that even if one search engine delivers the same or nearly same results, it should be used as well to speed things up. Because after e.g. using SE1 it has to be on pause for XYZ seconds to not get banned for hammering that site. During that time you can still use SE2 with different queries. So in my eyes it is not a big waste if you just select all the search engines what might be related to your content language.

• @Sven No problem, thank you!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - am I correct in saying that if SER does a search with an SE and sees a lot of 'already parsed' sites that this process in SER is super optimised and fast so we shouldn't worry too much about this part? That's why you recommend choosing a range of SE's based on your language since if they generate the same results SER processes these so quickly it almost makes no difference?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes this "already parsed" checking doesn't take any resources...it's a simple "quick search" of an already sorted URL list.