Skip to content

Verification of Links Doesn't Seem to be Working

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Yesterday I seemed to be getting quite a few links verified, but as of today, I can't seem to get ANY links verified (maybe 1 or 2). I've tried on 2 different campaigns with 2 different email addresses (hotmail). I also tried with and without proxies (20 fast private proxies). Nothing seems to work.  Also, the "submitted" field for my campaign never decreases.

When I manually log into my email account, the verification links are there.

BTW- I do have ALL my hotmail accounts set to catchall (New Rule>send everything with @ to Inbox)

Comments

• It has really slowed down for me too. Appears to be since the last update. Only 4 verifications in the last ten hours whereas I usually get about a hundred or so.
  • ok good...seems like this might be a GSA problem then as a number of people here are having that issue. I don't think I had it before last update as well. I basically makes the software useless until it's fixed, since 90% of the places you post to use email verification.

Help Sven!!
    :)] :)]
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    hmm sorry but its all working fine for me. If you can be a bit more specific on where you think something is wrong I can help, else Im sorry. Things like "doesn't seem to be as good as before" iss nothing I can work with.
  • Sven....you need to let me know what you need from me! Log files, etc?? I was as specific as one can get with this sort of issue. I DID NOT just stated "doesn't seem to be as good as before" as I listed a number of options that I tried out before making the post. I have already done everything in my power to correct the situation. Not even the "submitted" column (under the main campaign area) is decreasing when going through verification as it should.

Not only that, but it seems many members are experiencing the exact same thing (radikal along with the growing reports here: https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/532/very-little-links-being-verified#Item_4). There is something funny going on, so give us the information to give you so you can rectify it please.

I can't give you anything. For me it would be the same research, watch the log while it is submitting.

The "submitted" number is only decreasing if the verification is times out (checked for a to long time without results). So this is just normal if that number is not decreasing.

• Ok, but you do realize that not only me, but many of the members here need help with this situation and you seem to be just shrugging if off and stating........"well there is nothing I can do about it".

I really don't consider that an answer to the problem and this is the basis behind bad customer support. I love the frequent updates I see from GSA and your activity in the forums, but email verifications are a serious matter and a huge part of getting our links posted. We need to receive some sort of solution to this problem, other than "I'm not receiving that issue", regardless of what it takes. I would understand if I am the ONLY ONE who is having this issue, but that's not the case, as I pointed out to you above.

I personally have done everything in my power (look at the list I stated above in my original post) to try to determine what the problem could be. Proxies vs no proxies, manually checking the email verification emails myself to see if their there, running "verification only feature" on my active campaigns, trying from different computers (laptop and PC). These are all the possible solutions I can test from my end.

If we need to setup a TeamViewer session or SKYPE, then so be it. Let's get this solved, so myself and other members here can move forward.

• same issues for  me;  one project had 216 submitted and only 6 verified.  Seems odd.  I am still trying to figure out what the software is doing step by step so that I can make better decisons with it.  You turn your head and then you look back and there are over a 1000 submitted and only 200 verified. 
  • Thanks for the feedback krushinem. There are alot of us here with the same problem. Hopefully Sven will have an answer for us soon.
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @krushinem - 1,000 submitted and 200 verified is perfectly normal.
  • Noticed similar today, 700 submitted only 20 verified, not usual at all for me.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Have you guys tried setting the minimum time between email checks to 15 minutes. Its an option under the email tab on each project. See if that helps, gives gsa more time to check for registration emails each time.

Its a poke in the dark, but it might help

• Ok I just put my whole verified links into SB and checked that and it found 4 out of 7000, so seems either this was a coincidence and everything is normal or GSA is showing wrong url to check.
  • My whole project got stuck on this error also, the only way I could "get things going again" was by hitting inactive then back to active, but not sure if this has done any harm.

All my email verifications now fail badly and I haven't changed any settings.
  • I had this issue today too, byrne1916s solution seems to have resolved it

@grafx77 you seem to be some really angry guy. Slow down cowboy, I can see you have problems and "many others" as you say. Though you have to see that there are all kinds of people saying the have problems and in the end it is  there proxy, firewall, email provider , email client and so on. The list is endless and since I know that nothing changed in the way links are checked (see changelog), all I can say for now it that there is nothing wrong at my end. I still get the same number of links verified as many versions back. If you want me to have a look with TeamViewer or something else, fine...send me the details in pm and I try to figure it out.

• for me the cause could be either changeover to a new set of mailboxes... (but went through and processed the existing ones), or sh1tty public proxies... like sven says there are plenty of possible causes, just have a think about what you might be doing differently this week, the platform is still incredible.

I would do the private proxies way, but just too tight to spend on that :)
  • @Sven- Not angry at all, but a bit let down and disturbed over your previous comments, as anyone else would be when asking for help, yet get completely dismissed. You accused me of simply posting "doesn't seem to be as good as before" and that I wasn't giving enough details in order for you to assess the situation, when in fact, I gave you a list of items I had tried to help solve the issue, being as detailed as possible.

Also, giving a solution such as, "it's working on my end, must be your issue" is a horrible way to respond to support issues. We come here to get help with our problems, not to be treated as if we don't matter. I understand if the issue was something that is in the manual or something VERY obvious, but that is not the case here. Please take a closer look at your own demeanor and the way you respond.

Not to keep ranting about the situation, but a much better response would have been: "Hmmmm, I'm not having this issue on my end, but send me over X and try out X to see if that helps. If not, we'll take a closer look" would have been way more helpful.

Note: When 1000s of links are being submitted and only 10-50 get verified, that is a very low success rate and I'm sure the software is better than that. Please don't keep bringing up the same "try another proxy" or "could be email settings". I already stated above (twice)  that all this has been troubleshot.

I'll PM you my SKYPE details and we can go from there. Will report our findings back on this thread. Thank you!!
  • @sven - thanks for the update - all working now!
  • s4nt0s since when is 1000 submitted and 200 verified normal; this software is better than that. 
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    @krushinem - If you're experienced with other SEO linkbuilding tools (like scrapebox) and you were to scrape 2,000 blogs from the search results and then immediately post comments on them you would know that you aren't going to get that many live/verified links because a lot of them are moderated. This is why it would take so long to build a decent AA list with Scrapebox.

It depends on which platforms you're building links with but 200 verified out of 1,000 (20%) isn't bad. Again, it depends on the platform.

It has nothing to do with how "good" the software is ... we all know its a fantastic tool. :)
  • Persistence pays off!! Sven finally decided to take a closer look and found the problem. Thank you Sven!!!! :)

Tested out the submission/verification after the update today. I got 248 submitted and 58 verified. That's a 1/5 ratio or a little above 20%. I suppose that's not too bad (better than before). I take it everyone else is experiencing around the same ratio as well?
  • It's also worth noting that if your present and able to answer the "random questions" your verification percentage goes up alot!!

This may be common sense to some and not so much to others......