Skip to content

Can SER analyze only the root domain?

so basically instead of having a url like

domaintopost.com/guestbook/postme.php

I only have

domaintopost.com

Will it be able to figure matching platforms and attempt to post to it?

Comments

• edited July 2013
    also the same question if it was like

subdomain.domaintopost.com

will SER figure it out? (probably same answer as above but I figure I ask?)

And if the answer is yes then what about for platforms that are blogs, can it figure out at least one page to comment on?
  • plus one more thing will this affect the verified percentage rate, since the url is only the root domain without the path?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

If the real content of that engine is on a sublink, than you can not use the root URL (as seen in your guestbook spamle). However for forums or blogs you usually have it on the root domain where the actual URL would not matter.

• for blogs how will you find a url to comment on in this case?

"However for forums or blogs you usually have it on the root domain where the actual URL would not matter."

and for which platforms will it matter using only the root domain

If a blog engine has been identified and no submission form was found, it tried tolocate a blog post on it that has one.

Engines where it matters what URL you have are e.g. guestbooks (as they have usually one link and rest is webpage content).

• are there any other types other than guestbooks where it matters?
    Grrrr do I really have to do all the work for you? I think I have explained it the best I can already. If the "page must have*" is found on every page, than you can take any link.
  • what do you mean found on every page. You mean a link to there is found on every page?

Like a guestbook link near the home | about | order | guestbook 

navigation on top for example.
  • He means the 'page must have' string(s) on every page
  • what string I dont understand can you please explain
  • Check the engine files for information on how each platform is identified
  • If the rootdomain doesnt have what SER is looking for, it will skip.
  • This isn't true. If any page gives matches for a 'page must have' string from any of the engines selected for the project, then it will attempt to post.