Skip to content

Citations, can add this to GSA SER?

I would like to do some projects where I do not have to put in a hyperlink for my URL ( for like blog comments, articles, etc ) but instead put my URL in the body text not hyperlinked as a citation

How could I run a project without filling in the URL requirement SER makes me input?

Comments

• interesting, is this any good?... how citations can pass juice?
  • ^^ its for branding signals to Google
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    One of the upcoming versions will support this when you enable branding anchor texts and article submission.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Awesome! I've been waiting for this for a while!
  • what are branding signals useful for?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited July 2013
    @sven you are a star :D

@mishav It's an SEO theory that brands are recognised as such because there is a lot of online mentions of them, with the majority of those mentions being without links
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Would it be more useful to remove all links on an article or keep the random once?
  • edited July 2013
    I would like to have no links.. and even not just articles but lets say forum profiles and all link types ( except like bookmarks since I know bookmarks have to have one ) where you dont even do the URL to the forum profile, you just fill in the info and leave a unlinked URL in the about me section with some text

So if it were my choice, id say no link at all
  • Actually what is citation link?
    Stupid question, haha
    :@)
  • who say citation is a link, its just a citation.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Would be nice to also be able to use this on blog comments. 
  • +1 blog comments
  • Can somebody give an example of a citation?
  • A citation is used for local seo and is submitted only to local business directories. It's weird that GSA would add the citations option, when they haven't even added to local directories as a posting option. Why would someone want to post citations is other places, where a citation isn't called for?

Citations are submitted to places such as :

hope this helps the gsa ser software developer to know what to do next...

Greg
  • ronron SERLists.com

When I think of citations, I think of local as well. I don't think that is what the original poster was talking about.

I have seen this term thrown around a little outside of local, and I think they mean branding at some level, and I think it would be a 'linkless' branding of your website, mentioned within the text that surrounds your link, or simply mentioned in the comment of a comment link.

True local citation is a completely different software and new potential service.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    He is referring to a citation as a brand anchor without a link. Since people often talk about a brand but don't always hyperlink it, so its more natural.