Skip to content

Question on how to properly trim engines. Help Plz

edited July 2013 in Need Help
I am making a run to determine what engines to keep.

I've selected all engines -url shorteners 

I've submitted 20k and have about 5k verified after waiting overnight.
I plan on using the comare lists to prune engines.

How long should I wait before I stop trying to re-verify and trim engines based on the data?

What I mean is... How long before I should give up on any article subs or blogs getting approved and / or posted?

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2013

I usually go for 2 weeks before I start this exercise. In the meantime your building links so no worries.

One thing I look out for is 'dominance' with a particular engine. I have found that sometimes a great submitting engine can crowd out other good engines, and kind of skew the data (so that some good engines look like crap).

So what I like to do is split the engines in a few projects (your basically just copying the project and selecting different engines for each project). Then the scheduler will give each group an equal run.

I don't know if any of this makes sense, but it helps me to figure things out better when I split them up. You will always be able to spot the big winners as they are obvious. Splitting them up improves your chances of finding other engines that are also pretty good.

• Yep makes sense to me. I totally get about some engines hogging up all the resources also. Thanks for the reply. Running well after even this small tweak. Recaptcha solving at 91% on OCR after pruning :)