Skip to content

New Anchor Text Options and How They Work

2»

Comments

• @tumpien: Right on, thanks! :)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @icashin
    KW = Keyword. Term SE uses to find sites to place links on. 
    Anchor_Text = word you want to rank for. 

Slight difference but very n.b!

I don't use the import long URL list. Rather just manually enter in the details in the GSA windows. I target 1 AT (anchor text) per project. 1 Have 10 secondary Anchor texts. Set at 13%.
  • Hi, 

I have one request for Sven,

at "Use doamin as ancor text with"  is possible to add one field that support spin format to use Brand domain and url domain variation {My brand domain|my brand domain|www.MyDomain.com|http://www.mydomain.com|http://mydomain.com|Mydomain.com} and will have best software for seo post Penguin with ratio for all what need big G

and one question

how is count ratio percentages for links, submitted links or verified links?

Thanks

• mmm maybe this is happening and we are not aware of this, i'm not sure.

IF we have selected Use domain as anchor text with any%
    And we have selected Use anchor text variation with any%

does SER use this anchor text variation % when domain is being used as anchor text?

• In the past I've always placed my links in the resource box. This allowed me to vary my anchor text with keywords, urls, and generic terms (like click here) so that it read reasonably well.

I've been going with contextual links with my GSA projects so I've unchecked the "use generic anchor text" and the "use domain as anchor text" options.

Next, I changed the percentage of my spun secondary anchors to 66%.

With these settings my contextual links look pretty good but I thought I'd ask if you guys see any problems with me doing it this way.

Thanks,
    George
  • edited February 2013
    hi,
    after panda ratio is very important, with this field will be more easy to make Panda ratio altogoritm, is very important Brand domain as ancor text and Hybrid branded anchors "Brand name + keyword variations"

for s4nt0s one question, after panda 3.3....recommended percentages is the same as in first post ?

market samurai recomand 40% brand links, 40% generic links and just 20% target

keyword links.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - I'm setting up a whole lot projects and want to confirm:

URL#{Primary KW1|Primary KW2|Primary KW3}#{Secondary Keyword 1|Secondary Keyword 2|Secondary Keyword 3}.

If I set secondary KW to 15% in project settings and use the above URL format
    1) It will take a random keyword after the second # 15% of the time?
    2) if I have an article with "Random_sanchor_text" macro it will take a random keyword from after the second #
    3) If I have a secondary anchor text set in project options, will it use the ones from project options or the ones designated in the URL's?

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) yes

2) yes

3) if the URL has one defined it will use the one from URL else from project edit field.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - Thanks! This is excellent news!
  • @Sven - If we choose to randomize our anchor text through the project data settings instead of through the URL (like GG showed in his example) what settings would you recommend for contextual links only?

Thanks,
    George
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Leave the setting to the default values. These are the once that some SEO guy found to be best.

Sorry forgot about it's name (he made a video as well explaining his research).

• awesome thread, using this right now with T1 to money page

quick question... what do you guys do for all the other tiers? do these same percentages apply to linking from T2 to T1? T3 to T2?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I basically duplicate the T1 project for T2 and T3. Same keywords, same %'s. And it works really, really well. :)
  • @Ron - How would you do that if you had lots of urls in your tier1 project with hundreds of keywords?

Sorry if this a stupid question but I've been trying to come up with the best way to do this. What I ended up doing was taking my 10 best keywords from the tier 1 project like you suggested in another thread and using those for my Tier 2 and Tier 3 projects. Did I get this right or would you do it differently?

Thanks,
    george
  • edited March 2013
    i think @ron ment ... just right click on your Tier1 -> Duplicate -> name it Tier2 ... and so on
    then you go into Tier2 settings and connect it with your Tier1 .. and so on
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited March 2013

Exactly @kaykay. But I do things a little more intricately as described in full detail in that one thread, and I'll touch on it here again:

@gtsurfs, first let's make sure were differentiating between keywords and anchors. My anchors stay the same across T1, T2, T3. I want to breed a theme with all that linking.

Now depending on how you structured T2 and T3, it could be different keywords. If you do that thing like I do where T2 & T3 are only contextual properties, then I use the same keywords. If you also do like I do where I have these things called T1A, T2A, T3A which are the junk links like comments and profiles, then I use big generic keyword lists. However, please note that although these are my 'crap' tiers, I still use the same anchors in T1,2,3,1A,2A,3A.

If your T2 & T3 are like a lot of people do here, which is kind of the fast lazy way to create a T2 & T3 - which is a mix of contextual and crap links - then you should use the generic keyword lists. And like above, I use the same anchors.

• Hey guys,

I'd like to get your thoughts concerning best practices for secondary anchor text.

Let's say my main anchor text is:
    norton antivirus

For secondary anchor text, should all of your secondary text contain some semblance of the main keyword, or is it best to vary it up with other phrases that relate as well?
    Example:
    computer software
    protect your computer
    etc

Instead of having all secondary anchor text directly relate to the main keyword:
    norton antivirus software
    free norton antivirus
    etc

What have you guys seen to be the best way to do this?

Thanks!
  • Are people still using this:

Or are people using different percentages now?
  • I would also like to know if these percentages are still used today. This trhead is 2 years old.
  • Yup, me too!
  • use more generic and branding, definitely less than 10% exact match and secondary
  • I use 40% domain, 40% generic and 10% secondary, give or take. The rest is regular anchor text (10%). It depends how many you anchors you type in, I'd never aim for more than 4% for any one anchor unless its your brand.
  • How many secondary/partial match keywords should I use? I have got about 40 partial match keywords from Google Keyword Planner, and have got 100s of related keywords that are not partial match.

HOW MANY should I use in that 12%?
  • Is this method still effective?