Skip to content

%verified_url% in a multi tier project?

%verified_url% this takes a verified url from the same tier that it is posting in or any tier of the project that is lets say money site and 4 tiers.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Only a verified URL from the same project.
  • @Sven

I use %url% for lower tiers, I think it would take the verified urls from the previous (upper) tiers? I've use verified urls from other projects checkbox checked, I hope it works the same way and fine.
  • The same project mean same tier?
    if you use %url% it takes the URL defined in the project or for a tier project the one from the main project you have chosen. Where %verified_url% is always using a verified URL from the current project and not the URL from the main project for tiers.
  • Is there a way to use a verified url from a tier just one higher from the lower tier, other than the usual method of linking to two tiers together where you check off to make links to the verified links of the higher tier. Im looking to put a link somewhere in the middle of the text not at the end, which seemingly is the only option otherwise, unless I havent understood something.
    No there isn't any other way sorry.
  • Can a macro be added to put the link somewhere in the middle of the text at the location where the macro is placed in feature releases?
    No, there are already enough macros. I don't add a new one for each strange setup.
  • but a contextual link that is not at the end of the article always is of great benefit in terms of serp ranking and not leaving a footprint.
    There is an option below that article input to put that link into a random position.
  • is it the 

automatically insert url at the bottom .... 

so for insertion in the middle of text I should leave it unchecked?
    Yes.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - is there a way to have 3 links from the above tier in the article? How would I do this? 

Since it's a T3 article I'd like to have 3 or so T2 links in it, this way I get more link spread and more link juice flowing up the tiers. 
  • Yes, the feature @AlexR would be nice to have @Sven. Something after that checkbox, you can show an option for # of links to make for this article.
    @AlexR ... just use %url% and %anchor_text% more than one in your article.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can I confirm that if I use %url% more than once in a tiered contextual article it will take different URL's from parent project on each use? (I use this when I have loaded multiple URL's but haven't tested when it's the tiered project)
  • What If I want to put in several urls from the up above tier not the main project tier? Then what do I use?

@AlexR thats what I tried to say.

@mishav than you have to use more than one main project for that tier to mix things.

• I dont understand if I want to have an article that contains several links to random verified pages of the very next tier above, not from the main tier/project how can this be accomplished with more than one main project. The second main project will connect to what? Sven please make more macros for situations like this I know that you are a star programmer and can do this without of alot of extra work. Mostly copy and paste coding. With these sort of extras this program will only be more powerful than it already is. A macro to add multiple links in the text for the tier above is a very needed addition. I know you said you dont want to add macros for strange setups but this is not that strange.

@mishav read again, if you use %url% more than once, you have different URLs inserted from the project that the project gets it's links from. I can and will not anything else. If you want to mix URLs in one article from more than one project, you have to use a tier project and choose more than one main project.

• so if the whole thing is 4 tiers

%url% 

will always take a url from the money site even being used for example several tiers away?
  • "if you use %url% it takes the URL defined in the project or for a tier project the one from the main project you have chosen. Where %verified_url% is always using a verified URL from the current project and not the URL from the main project for tiers."

main project here means what the most main project or the project that this tier in question is linking to?
    @mishav no! main project means the one you chose in the project from where to use verified urls.
  • edited July 2013
    oh ok Thanks. Then you dont need the extra macros. I previously thhought that it meant the main project period.
  • this is useful if you want to create link wheels, this could be a good option, it could be just a thick box under article field that says: insert up to X verified tier URL at random place in-between article (using anchors first if there are no anchors it tries to create the link) 
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    edited July 2013
    Are you sure it's meant to be %url% or is it meant to be %random_url%  to ensure a different one is used each time? 

You said "if you use %url% more than once, you have different URLs inserted from the project that the project gets it's links from"...it's just you can't see it in a test window since it always says "sample-url-of-main-project.com"

When do I use %url% and when do I use %random_url%?