Skip to content

Linkbuilding for Domains with Umlaut

Hey,

i wanna use SER for an old Umlaut-Domain (ä ö ü in it), that i purchased a while ago when Umlauts were new. Its an EMD for a 24k exact match KW, otherwise i wouldnt have bothered to buy it.

When putting the URL into SER, it makes something strange out of it. Does it make sense to use SER in a normal Manner for linkbuilding to an Umlaut-Domain or is it better to forget that domain? I know that some old webcatalogues etc. dont accept Umlauts, but at least contextual properties should be ok..?

Best Regards

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    What does SER make of your URL whyn you enter it?
  • PMed you
  • MrXMrX Germany
    You can use something linke this http://www.idn-convert.de/ to convert your domain to a more compatible format!
  • im using that format now. thanks both :)
  • What about the keywords? Better use "ae" instead of "ä" or just put it in with umlauts?

Best Regards
  • If you use Google, you can get the same highlighted results with or without using umlauts in keywords, so I think you should be really fine.
  • well the point is some pages (like old bookmarkings/directory sites) dont accept ä at all, maybe i get failed submissions.

Can i use a converter and write "ä" for "ä"? im really a bit confused :D
  • MrXMrX Germany
    edited July 2013
    You could try the HTML tag like you mentioned or even use the Unicode. I would create a spin like |{ae|ä|ä|ä} so you get things more unique.
  • good idea, thanks.