Skip to content

Lot of variations for SERP checker

Hi everybody,

I'm interested to see what you people use for SERP tracking.

I use WhatsMySerp and it is really giving inaccurate results recently. For one term, it shows I'm ranked #1 lol whereas I'm either on #15 or #19 (second page).

Checking through hidemyass's google.com lists I'm on 19th position, whereas checking from my USA based VPS, I'm on #15.

Really not sure what to trust.

Anyone can give me any advise or what tools do you guys use? @ron ?

Thank you.
Tagged:

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com

Rankcheckerace (not an endorsement). It's free. And the data seems to be at least one day old. But for a quick check it's ok.

I also have an ancient program called seoelite that costs a bunch (like $150 5 years ago). It does Google down to position 1000, and Bing down to position 50. It's slower than hell, but accurate.

I haven't really tried anything else. This issue is discussed a lot in other forums, and people have a lot of issues with every single one out there, so good luck lol.  

• edited July 2013
    @ron lol, thank you.

Btw, I know RankCheckerAce, it's an okay I guess. Not much a fan of it. I have it on one junk site just to test.

Assuming seoelite is now not available to be purchased?

Thank you.
  • i use a chrome plugin called SEO SERP Workbench
  • Actually it's no use to check from own browser. Google would show partial results (whether good or bad) for the site we visited, at least I think so. I also noted that for sites that I use Google Analytics, it doesn't show up in any SERP for the keywords (white hat sites, no SEO done), so GA definitely has some algos to conceal it for webmasters.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    I'm wouldn't be happy with any rankchecker unless it is a onetime purchase. I can't stomach a monthly subscription for something as mundane as a rankchecker. If I was an seo agency with clients then that is a different story - cost of doing business. So free works for me even if it isn't perfect.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    There are a few products on codecanyon but I never checked them. Maybe I find a nulled version.
    Example http://codecanyon.net/item/google-rank-position-checker/5155651?WT.ac=search_item&WT.seg_1=search_item&WT.z_author=webeixon
  • i use rank tracker from scrapebox , tested it several times seems to be accurate
  • Might get that plugin sometime soon, I already have an eye on it. Bought Article Scraper plugin already since quite a while and completely satisfied with it.