Skip to content

GSA not for Tier 1 link?? Need help to understand

I'm a member of the Infinitum group and the common concensus in their forum is that GSA SER is good for tier 2 or 3 links, but is NOT good for tier 1 links; ie, links to your money site?  Why would they state that?

I have watched the GSA SER videos and am having a problem getting it setup. For example, in the videos you don't appear to check the box titled "collect keywords from target sites" or "use collected keywords to find new target sites".  It would SEEM that these would be good things to have checked, but I cannot find a discussion anywhere about what they do or when they would be beneficial to be ticked.

I really want to learn how to work GSA SER -- people are telling me to just suck it up and get Senuke but I can't justify that level of monthly expense when I'm making next to squat online so far.  I can follow directions to a "T" but just need to understand what to put where with GSA SER.

Thanks.

Comments

• in the videos you don't appear to check the box titled "collect keywords from target sites" or "use collected keywords to find new target sites".

You dont check those boxes if you are building Tiers (contextual Links)

You can check those boxes if you want to build blog comments, trackback, image comment on websites related to your topic.

• Howdy @squawk1200

You made the right choice going for SER over SEnuke.  With a bit of work reading the various help post at the top of the forum, you have a much more powerful tool.

Also, I can tell you from experience (as will others too), if done correctly SER is fantastic for building tier 1 links. 
  • ronron SERLists.com

You can get high quality links with SER for sure. But there really is no such thing as 'one tool for seo'. I know Infinitum, and that's what Becker happens to use. There is also Ultimate Demon, Rankwyz, FCS Networker, and all of them can generate great quality T1 links - at a fraction of the cost.

Collecting keywords from other sites can lead you down a rabbit hole of extremely long tail phrases with no search volumes, poorly optimized sites that have crummy keywords, etc.

The best practice is to build as large a list of keywords that are related to your niche (using GKWT as an example) and keep plugging in niche related terms, and keep de-duping that list until you have a nice list for your T1.

Then for general scraping on lower tiers and junk tiers, compile a massive list of one word and two word search terms, most popular searched terms, etc., until you have a ginormous list for scraping. Then you are all set on keywords.

• Agreed, Becker seems very keen on Senuke and Ultimate Demon but has not weighed in on others like GSA SER or Licorne AIO or some that you mention.

I also have Scrapebox, does anybody have a quick "tutorial" or step-by-step as to how to scrape sites with Scrapebox and then import the list into GSA SER for the platforms it supports? 

I have keyword tools up the wazoo so I can generate and regenerate keywords until the cows come home....

• ronron SERLists.com

I would start with Matt Borden (Loopline):

http://www.youtube.com/user/looplinescrapebox

He's close to the Scrapebox creators, and he's made a ton of videos over the years. I'm sure it's covered in there.

• edited July 2013
    For Tier 1, you might want to try a tool named Autofill Magic. I've been using it for a week now, and I'm completely blown away by it. I'm not affiliated with it by any means. It's a hybrid of manual and automatic posting (its a Firefox plugin) and you can basically put your link on any site on the web automatically. It also comes with a predefined list of 120 best quality web 2.0s. Here's the website: http://autofillmagic.com/ . You can check out the Video tutorials to see what this beast can do. Darn, now I gave my secret weapon out :D.

That doesn't mean that GSA SER is not good for T1. It's excellent. The only issue is that the links get deleted fast, and for more competitive terms your campaigns must be running all the time (as Ron said, when you enter maintenance mode, you have to figure out the ratio of links lost to links created).

• ronron SERLists.com
    That was a nice share @jurky3fo - thanks!
  • @ron I was always curious to know what you do use for Web 2.0s, if you can share (the tool(s)'s name I mean).
  • ronron SERLists.com
    They come from many tools including SER. I've already mentioned other tools that are good at that.
  • @ron Thanks, but didn't found many posts of yours about yourself mentioning those. I assume UD and MS are the two key ones?
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited July 2013
    Look above ^^ :D
  • edited July 2013
    @ron Damn haha, it seems you won't be revealing it, I tried my best to convince you but I failed. :(
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @ron - you mentioned using niche specific keyword terms for your quality tiers and a MASSIVE list for lower tiers, but generally these quality tiers are contextual type links for the quality tiers. I used to use niche keywords for these, but just got so few targets as a result. How did you get around this catch22 (of either havig niche related contextual links, or very few targets)?? 
  • @jurky3fo have you found anything you'd like to change with Autofillmagic?
  • @davbel Well, there is one thing that bothers me and this is the fact that it doesn't support nested markers. You'll see what I mean if you watch the video "Insert links, images and video". But the author said he was going to fix it in the upcoming version. I don't think that this is a thread about Autofill Magic though :).
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited July 2013
    @jurky3fo seems to be conflicting messages in their videos, do they support widely spun anchor texts + generics etc? Or must that be done manually
  • @spunko2010 & @jurky3fo I signed up for the trial and have been playing with it for a few days and it's great at what it's meant to be i.e. a semi-auto poster, but it just takes too much time when compared to other tools such as MS, Rankwyz and FCS Networker.

Admittedly, if you take the time when setting up the blogs they'll stick more easily, but the same can be said for one of the more automated systems.
  • @spunko2010 Yes, you have to do it manually. You know how I do it? I have Chimp Rewriter and Keyword Researcher. So what I do is this:

1. Go to Keyword Researcher and scrape all the keywords that start and end with my keyword. For example:

* best washing machine
    best washing machine *

-> What it does is it will go to Google and scrape all the auto-suggest results for every letter of the alphabet and every number BEFORE and after the keyword (this is what the * sign does). Save it in the master list, clean the duplicates and copy.

2. Then, I go to Chimp Rewriter (my personal opinion that it is far superior to the slow TBS) and paste the keywords (one in a line). After that, I add my naked URLs to the list (just by pressing enter at the end of the list). Finally, I add a few variations of my website "brand" (something like WashingMachineHub, Washing Machine Hub...you get it) -> select all -> Spin together. Then I copy this in a marker that I've put in the Autofill Magic.

Takes around 10 minutes to do, and you have a very natural looking anchor text profile.

@davbel Yes, it is slower, but I just want to have strong T1s, even if it does take some time to do. This is simply a turbocharged SEO version of Roboform, and I've tested it on websites that tools that you've mentioned don't have the slightest chance to post to. The key is not just to focus on those 120 Web 2.0s that are predefined, but to find your own high quality, High PR sites and keep them for yourself. You can find edu and gov sites that allow you to blog, and autofill the post and the profile in seconds. 

Not to mention that you can also find document sharing sites as well. You'll have a very powerful, natural looking T1 link list in your arsenal. Don't focus only on given sites.

Today it takes me around 10-12 minutes for 10 Contextual links + full author profile with biography.

I'd say that the key here is preparation. Usually, when I enter the niche I write my own 600-1000 word article, and manually spin it as much as I can. Sometimes, it takes me a whole week to spin it on a paragraph, sentence, word, phrase level (doing 10 times each :D), but I'll never have to worry about content in that niche again. Same with your bio, your avatar pictures, street address etc. You can spin everything. It's slower, but brings results. Then you just fire the monster called GSA SER and see the rankings come. Combined with social signals, you can't miss.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @davebel - which of these are you using?  Rankwyz and FCS Networker.?

Is it worth the lifetime access to FCS?
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited July 2013
    @alexR both and that's exactly what I'm trying to figure out :D

I started running some tests last week, but I haven't had chance to have a look at them yet as I was at the The Open in Muirfield all this weekend.

You could always get the monthly subscription for a couple of months and then get the lifetime if you like it
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Trying to decide if I should I try these services or hold out for the ability to repost on schedule in SER. I would prefer it all within 1 program...have a hundred other things on my plate so could wait a little...

• I've been using RW for around a month and have found it to be quite worthwhile. It's very easy to use and does a good job of creating a nice T1 of blogs/social only. The only drawbacks I've found are the price and the fact that if you aren't careful about how many times per week you post (3 or fewer) and don't make sure you delay putting your link in and do a warmup post, you'll lost the accounts fast.
  • tried to create some tier 1 links today using 20 private proxies, death by captcha and the 3 new types that serengines adds to gsa.  it only created about 18 of the 3 new types, so then i unchecked those boxes and checked wiki, social network, articles, directories, but after running for 6 hours straight (10 threads) the verified links was only up to 26 (submitted at 115). not sure if i should be disappointed or not ... ok i am but don't know if i should be.....

• @jurky3fo @ron Can Autofill Magic fill in sites that I scrape from Scrapebox? Or it's limited to default sites?
  • @reeve95545 from what I can remember you can use it for any site, but it's a bit more manual.  Try the demo and see how you get on.
  • Thanks for your answer. Do you recommend it? What's the Pros & Cons, I would like to see some feedback from existing users =D