Skip to content

Building lists with scrapebox

I am trying to build lists for SER using scrapebox. I found the footprints in GSA for all engines and I am going to merge with a keyword list and scrape.

My question: When the URLs are built, I will be de-duping them with Scrapebox. Should I keep the full URL for SER or trim the URLs to root/domain? 

Any other suggestions? 

Comments

• for guestbook blog/image comment, if you trim this will not work.
    Keep full url.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Keep the full URL, SER will know where to go to when submitting.
  • Yup use the complete URL. I've been scraping lists for the past couple days. Filter out the junk and load up the full URLs by using the Options > Advanced > Tools > Import URLs (identify platform) > From File
  • Thanks everyone.

Sven can you confirm if full URL is required for only blog/image comments?

Also, can you answer my question on proxy thread. My proxies are getting banned frequently (as per GSA) but they work fine in scrapebox. Even in GSA if I check them within a few minutes they work fine.

I am using private proxies
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    edited July 2013

@nitinsy, yes for blog comments and image comments you need the page with the comment form on it. Thats the case for all engines where you expect to have several places to put a link on (usually only trackbacks and comments).

For proxies, well I don't know how SB handles this but I don't see how this can be avoided.

• MrXMrX Germany
    You can farm stuff in scrapebox with public proxies quite nice, you will miss some and it takes you longer but you can save your private proxies for GSA.