Skip to content

[ASK] How Many Campaign Can I Run GSA?

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Hi,

Can someone tell me how many campaign can i run with GSA? I'm currently running abut 100 campaign with GSA? I like to know what is the max amount of campaign can i run with gsa for a better performance?

Note:
50% of my campaign is direct to my money site using PR+1 and submission 100 with 1440 delay
other 50% of my campaign is to create backlink to tier1 with no setting on options

Thanks
Darman
Tagged:

Comments

• My 2 cents, but I think this is directly proportional to how powerful the PC is that you're running GSA on, how many threads you've set to run in GSA and how big an internet connection you have...
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    CPU power is not an issue but memory (keep in mind that it is after all a 32bit program who can only address 2.1GB of memory). And using to many threads as a direct influence on the memory usage. Just monitor the memory usage a bit and see for yourself how close it is to the 2.1GB.
  • I run mine on Powereup hosting Hyper V Plus and I can run around 8-9 Projects  doing around 70-100 threads before i'm pushing the memory and CPU Usage..  
  • What about x64 build?
    Not planned right now and to be honest, if a program uses more than 2.1gb ram...than it's the job of the developer to reduce it (or the customer to use his resources wisely).
  • Exactly! If your memory is substantial enough, you can run everything on your main cpu. I have 8 GBs of DDR memory so I can run it on my main cpu and my laptop at the same time.
  • I have 55 threads and 66 running projects, more than 1,2 gb of memory used and slowly raising (memory leaks?), so limit is close.

:-SS
  • I'm running using 50 threads, ok now i know.. the only maximum campaign that GSA can handle is base on the computer memory. I'm using VPS from bermanhosting with 2GB memory and after i saw this answer and check on my VPS. currently i'm using 1,87GB memory with 100% CPU usage.

Time to upgrade the memory then...

Thanks, problem solve again fast...
  • Hi Sven,

You wrote, "(keep in mind that it is after all a 32bit program who can only address 2.1GB of memory)"

In other words, once GSA has reached 2gig memory usage, then we need to buy and run another copy of GSA? And since you can't run more than 1 instance of GSA at a time, we should run it on another machine even if the current system has 4/8gig of RAM?

@Ruggero, noone said that. No need to start a discussion so rude like that. I just said that things should get optimized (my job) and that people should get there projects/threads to a normal level before complaining about memory problems. Im from the 80s where we run a whole OS from a 720kb floppy disk and I was happy. Today people shout for more resources without understanding the numbers behind it.

Running two instances on one PC is not working as search engine wait timing can not be controlled. So it is no restriction we added to get the customers angree or buy new licenses. It has there meaning.

If you buy a 4 or 8GB memory PC is not an issue as the program can only allocate 2.1GB. You can allocate 2.1GB even on a 512MB RAM PC as not all resources are required at once.

So next time you make such statement please think a while before posting it.

• Sven, probably there are memory leaks in SER, after 1 day it rises from 0.8 GB to 1.6 GB.
  • Thanks for your good attitude @Sven. I'm also an 80's child and I like this approach to use the available resources as good as possible :) I always be amazed when I watch the results of 32bit-asm contests with sizes below 64 kb ;) 

@bytefaker demoscene! :)

Anyway just did a profile for over 2 hours...no memory leaks for me. 

• OK, maybe there are no memory leaks, only you can check this, but process is heading to a crash quite fast in (not so) heavy usage scenario, and excessive memory usage is a serious issue here.
    What is the "normal level" of projects/threads?

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    On a slightly different note, what is the ideal level to run the VPS CPU and RAM? 75% of capacity?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Also - to get the optimal use out of GSA, should we be running it where it consumes the full 2.1gb RAM or should it be averaging around 1.5gb (that is the program)?
    NO! Don't stress things to the maximum. You should concentrate on the link building and not use every resource out to the max. Whats wrong in building a couple of hundred links a day? Everything above is not  really natural.
  • edited September 2012
    @Sven,

Ok, wow I seriously didn't think I was being rude! Actually I was just asking questions in order to be clear what I should do when I reach my memory limit of 2.1Ghz.

All I asked was:
    1. Once GSA has reached 2gig memory usage (its maximum), then do we need to
      buy and run another copy of GSA? (The reason I ask this is for below)
    2. Since you can't run more than 1
      instance of GSA at a time, should we run it on another (separate) machine...
    3. ...even if the current (existing) system has 4/8gig of RAM?

Put another way, do I just need to upgrade, or get another VPS + GSA, or.... ?

I ask these questions for clarity as to what action I should take once I run out of resources on my current machine, not to be "rude" in any way at all. I was not complaining about anyone "adding restrictions", and I'm not attacking anyone!

Are my questions unreasonable? Which statement exactly did I make that you found offensive?

Well to me it sounded rude. English is not my first (and not my second also) language so I might have misunderstand it. If it wasn't meant like that than Im sorry. Anyway it's my job to keep memory usage down. But to be honest it is hard to tweak it any further unless I see some big wast of memory while processing data. I didn't see that so far when profiling the code. So yes if you want to use more resources, you have to get another license and PC.
  • Ok great - thanks that's all I wanted to know, and no definitely no disresepct intended at all!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    The reason I ask about what level to run resources at (both the VPS as well as GSA), is that I am trying to work out at what point I need to add another VPS and GSA setup? 

Roughly (I know you need more details, like SE's, platforms, etc but looking for rough ideas here) how many projects are people managing to run per 2gb RAM VPS setup?