Skip to content

Can SER scrape with footprints and keywords when running and posting?

Now I m not talking about doing analyze competitors links, I mean actually doing the scraping like it does with the independant option where you open a popup box and setup actual parameters for this.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Options->advanced->Tools->search for sites...
  • edited July 2013
    yes, but can I do this while actually posting on the sites already found? Another words is it possible to do both concurrently with multiple threads, basically search for new sites by scraping and post?

ALSO

if not would it be possible to have it like this, as a new feature request?

I was hoping you can make it like this

Instead of combining all the footprints with the keywords at one time, since I have a list of 877k keywords and there are loads of footprints, so even if I choose one footprint for them to be combined in RAM and then run takes a long time, so I was hoping perhaps you can make a feature where it takes lets say the first 50 footprints that are checked off and the first 50 keywords from the list, combines them in RAM quickly and runs the scrape , then does the first 50 footprints with the next 50 keywords, ( again reopening the keywords file) and continues that way. Here it will start work quickly and there is no need to wait for the combining with the result perhaps being millions or billions of lines.

This would sort of be a hands off approach

1 Define the large keyword file
    2. Check off all the footprints

and off it goes without using lots of RAM. and no need for a lengthy preparation before it starts.

and if this would run concurrently along with posting to already identified sites then this would be
    specticular. I know you are an excellent programmer and can do this no problem and was hoping for
    something like this. Please respond Sven and if you need me to add this to the official feature requests thread I will so as for you not to forget about this . Thanks

Yes you can do that while having other projects running. But of course they share the possible number of threads you set.

Though there is no need for this. The program takes all your keywords and the footprints of the chosen engines to do a search and over a longer time, it would have done all combinations...but of course only with the footprints originally added in the engines.

• "Though there is no need for this. The program takes all your keywords and the footprints of the chosen engines to do a search and over a longer time, it would have done all combinations...but of course only with the footprints originally added in the engines."

So it does this while Im running the posting part? And when you say originally added, do you mean the ones that come with the program, so none of the ones that are custom defined by the user?
    Yes to all your questions ;)
  • can you do the above feature with 50 footprints and 50 keywords or whatever number you see as optimum for the scraping part, because SER freezes up if I use large amount of keywords and footprints together?
    edited July 2013

Let's do the match...50 x 50 = 2500. Thats not too much to freez GSA SER.

1. Enter all footprints
    2. Click "+Keyword" button and choose the file with the keywords.

You now have each footprint combined with each keyword in the box.

• edited July 2013
    I know but I want to enter all of them in one shot. Then SER does the 50x50 and then another 50x50 and so on. hands off, all I do is define the keyword file. I have a keyword file of 877k.
  • Sven, so can you do this?
    You can only do what I posted above.
  • @Sven What ini file to edit (and where to edit) to add or remove custom footprints?

Thank you.
    engines\*.ini ... "search term=fottprint1|footprint2|..."
  • when I say can you do this, I mean make the add feature? Can you?
    No, sorry I don't see much use in this.
  • With this feature SER can be used as a very strong scraper instead of having to export all these footprints into scrapebox for example and then join them with all the keywords, do the scraping and then import the resulting list into SER.