Skip to content

Importing sites

Hi everyone,  

I have been browsing this forum for the past month and haven't found anything on where the imported sites we import are so I can see them in a project.
For example, I import about 400 bookmarking, web.2.0s or article directory sites to the identified sites list for tier 2 or tier 3, I still see the standard default sites in bookmarking instead of the 400.

How do I know it will submit to 400 or just the one I see in the left panel?  Am I to just trust that they are there and will be submitted?

If the answer is yes to the above, then what If after using the new sites imported I don't want 20 or 50 of them or more, I am unable to uncheck them as they are locked in the identified list folder.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    edited June 2013
    What do you mean by, "I still the standard default sites in bookmarking instead of the 400?". Are you talking about the platform selection window? Those are platforms, not individual websites. You will never see URL's show up there.

If you have a list of URLs you'd like to import into a project, you can just right click on the project and go to "import target URLS". In your project options where you select the search engines you can just right click in the box and choose "check none". That way it will only submit to your list and not scrape new websites from the search engines. When it is done you will see a message come up in the log saying you're out of targets.

You can't uncheck individual websites. The software doesn't work that way.