Skip to content

Definitions

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited September 2012 in Need Help
Hi

Can someone outline the following for me. 
1) Delete Target URL Cache 
2) Delete Target URL History

3) I assume one refers to links it's going to post to and one refers to links it has already found? If so, then Target URL History, does this include identified, submitted and verified then?

ALSO

Let's say I have only directory platforms selected. I then import a large 100 000 target URL's list with footprints from all the platforms (blogs, directory, forum,etc)...

4) Question: will it only import the URL's with directory footprint or will it import them all and then try and sort them? I.e. does it only add directory footprint URL's to target URL list, or does it add all 100 000 target URL's and then try and find the directory URL's amongst the 100 000. 

5) If I have 100 000 target URL's imported, when does it resume using the SE's and keywords? Does it do it only after the target URL list is exhausted? 

Thanks!

(Just planning the next phase of the best practice guide :-) and wanted to check something out) 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) Deletes all imported URL or URLs that searche ngines found but no posting was done to till now.

2) Deletes all URLs where the project posted before.

3) Yes it includes everything.

4) It adds all URLs to history, sends those to the global site list who have been identified (though it would be only the directory one as no other engines are used and checked).

5) Yes

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Thanks!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Am I correct that if you import a target URL list, you then don't need to enable global site list in the project? (I'm pretty certain this is the case, but suddenly doubting myself!) 
    Yes, importing sites to a project has nothing to do with site lists.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @Sven - Thanks!

Let's say I import 10 000 URL's into a project. Does it select them in a sequence or random? (So if I add another 10 000, does it wait for the first 10 000 to be completed and then it just adds them to the list or does it add them and then select a random URL from the new total list?
    Yes it reads from that file a few urls, and when done, reads the next until all URLs are proceed. Than the next file you imported.