Skip to content

Is it a good idea to skip proxies for verification?

Well, since all problems regarding anonymous proxies should be fixed... and I just got fresh IP...

Do you think it would be a good idea to skip using proxies for verification at all?

In theory, if all "important" things - regging, clicking on email, posting is done via proxies, then, in theory, you should be able to verify link without it because GSA should just "read" the page and compare to the records in project.

Is there anything I'm not aware of?

I'm considering doing that because of rather slow and long verification process. Idea is that without proxies verification should be faster.

Any comments?

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    There is one problem I see here... If one engine creates a special page for you (profile link) it's usually very conman that you are the first to visit that page, and that will happen with your real IP. Someone could use that against you.
  • If that is the only concern, I think I can take those chances. I was thinking more along lines "does GSA logs in or something while verifying or it just checks URL"

Thanks Sven, I see you have busy evening, wish you a good weekend :-)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

No login for verification...else that link might have been only visible when logged in and would not count. Also note that no cookies are used while visiting the URL.

Thanks, have a nice one too.

• Thanks, helpful info.

This all goes to the point that I just got fresh IP from hoster - never seen, never used, not banned on any "stopforumspams" and had an idea to speed things up and lessen loads on proxies skipping them in verification stage. Peaking 70-80Mbps while verifying now. Really goes faster.