Skip to content

first_paragraph spinfolder not working

MrXMrX Germany
edited June 2013 in Bugs
Hi Sven,
It looks like combination of first para and spinfolder is not working properly ...
This is what my project looks like:
%first_paragraph-%spinfolder-C:\Users\***%%
And this is what is produced:
spinfolder-C:\Users\***0%

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Well it was never meant to be used with other macros in it. Just variables defined in your project. Though I might add support for it in next version.
  • I had the same issue. I ended up creating a third folder for where I put the first paragraph. A pain in the ass to get it setup, but that's what your VA is for.
  • MrXMrX Germany
    Well ok good to know that it is not working. I had my summaries created by hand but thought I could save some time using this macro. Whatever ;)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    After the recent update 6.08 my first paragraph macro is pulling in the entire article in the TEST view. Not sure if it's trying to submit the whole article in the summary but TEST view shows entire article. 

I guess that if it does submit entire article in summary it will get truncated. 

OR will it fail the submission? Does anyone know? 
    @AlexR must be your heavy macro usage again :/ paste the stuff you setup on that macro.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - Basically if you use spinfolder to choose a random article (in article body field) and then the macro to use first paragraph (in article summary field) it pulls in the whole article. 

At least I'm testing all your macros. :-)
  • @sven @AlexR

Exact same thing was happening to me. I saw it in the test window. Never actually submitted like that.
    so in article you have spinfolder macro only and in summary you have %first_paragraph-article% ?
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Yes.