Skip to content

Specified number of links per tier

Tier 1:
10 links per day - in 10 days that's 100 links.

Tier 2:
20 links per link in tier 1 totally - not per day - but totally. That's 2000 links.

As far as I can see this isn't possible in GSA is it? It "only" allows per day or per minute, but not in total. Sven can you create this option?

Comments

• Enter Custom time 7*1440 minutes would be my first guess..? Then you have a specified number per week. Or times 10 then its for 10 days.
  • edited June 2013
    You sure it wouldn't just blast to tier 1 the first day and then wait a week? How about the 6 remaining days of links on tier 1?
  • Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but this feature I'm asking for isn't currently in GSA is it?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The option you want is called "per URL" (mouse over on it for a hint).
  • I think the question is how you can a build fixed number of links to a URL and then stop automatically, not how you can limit it daily or in minutes, but in total.

Like this:

Stop the project after [2000] submissions. [X] Per URL.

Currently there is only a pause for a day, or X amount of minutes.
    Ahh well make the pause for XYZ minutes very high and you are done....the project would only idle than.
  • edited June 2013
    @Greenwillow got it - or close to :)

@Sven the thing is if I do the pause for XYZ minutes - won't that pause the tier until those minutes expire?

What I want is to build 10 links per day on tier 1 for like 100 days - eventually reach 1000 links and have tier 2 to build 20 links per url totally in 100 days - not 20 links per url per day. If I use your recommendation won't that set tier 2 to pause for 100 days? The tier won't build 20 links to only the new links in tier 1, correct?

I feel it's a waste doing the current system. If you build like 100 links a day tier 1, and set tier 2 to 100 links per url, soon GSA/the VPS won't have the capacity to follow that wish, as each day the demand for links in tier 2 will grow and grow.
  • if you build 100 random links in tier 2 that is not usefull at all for SEO, you could be wasting a lot of links + resources.
  • So... am I really the only one who is interested in this feature (specified number of links per url)?
  • edited June 2013
    @Sven

So far I have no luck limiting GSA to just preset of links for X number of minutes as GSA SER doesn't respect the limit I set on my tier for 1 link per url for 10000 minutes. Each time the tier gets activated it submits a bunch of links - around 50 or so, and then pauses. I can keep doing this over and over.

Shouldn't it check first if the limit has been reached before it continues blasting?

Indeed it should. I had a look at the source and couldn't find a reason why it should not. Can you paste some logs when starting that project?
  • @Sven I have sent you a dropbox link with log and project.
    From that log I don't see that the option to pause is actually enabled. Else it should have something in log like "submission successful (1/XYZ submitted - AVG: 2400.00/h)...". The Bold part is missing and indicates you ar enot using that option.
  • If you check the projects, you will see that it is enabled.
  • Plus the project DOES come to a halt each time. Problem is blasting before it check's if it should stop. Therefore small blasts and then stop.
  • @Sven did you check the projects?