Skip to content

Captcha Service Priority + one doubt

Hello @sven,

1) I've got several projects going on, some Tier 1, others Tier 2, and so on. One problem I'm facing is that, for some projects, I would like to use an external captcha service and user typed answers, since I'm aiming to high quality links. On others, it would be a waste of money, so I would be using GSA Captcha breaker only.

Problem is, I can't set in on a Project basis. I either have to use GSA CB + an external service, or GSA CB alone, or the external service alone.

Even though there is a Pagerank limit option on the use of the external service, it still doesn't cut it, since many websites used by the lower quality tiers still have high-ish pagerank and hence, eat many credits overtime.

So the question is, is it possible to enable/disable GSA CB, external services, or user typed input, on a per project basis? If not, could that feature be added?

2) On a side note, I also own Scrapebox and I'm able to harvest many target URLS, problem is GSA SER doesn't always recognize the platform. How can I indicate the platform using the "Import target URL from clipboard" feature? Should I add something at the end of the URL such as http://www.targeturl.com/##TARGETTYPE? If so, what's the correct format for TARGETTYPE, the name of the engine as per the .ini file? Should I include spaces?

3) Sometimes while using GSA Captcha breaker, the program assigns 4 or more different types as matches for the captcha. Usually, there is one common captcha and many unusual/not so common one, but more often than not, GSA CB selects the incorrect one over the more common. Is there any option for assigning a "higher priority" to one particular captcha type in case of overlapping matches? Could also some option be added to detect a string in the URL (not only the engine's name) to assign the captcha type more accurately?

Thanks!

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1) Yes, click the label "Ask all services/user to fill captchas" to have your wanted behavior.

2) it's "http://www.targeturl.com/#NAME-OF-ENGINE" like "http://www.targeturl.com/#General Blogs" Though it would make more sense to see why the identification failed and improve the engines.

3) The engine is delivered to CB already to help identifying it. There is not much you can do here.

• edited June 2013
    Excellent @Sven, thanks. Questions # 1 and 2 totally answered. However, about the captcha identification, even with the CB engine sent, it still has 4 "matches". 

Anyway, I also found out that while using decaptcher as a second service, GSA SER not only sends graphical captchas, but it sends Text Captchas also. I'm attaching a capture to see what I mean. Obviously, they don't solve it (but they charge the submission). Any way to block text captchas to be sent to the decapcher services?

I'm copying this message to the Bugs topic, please feel free to delete it if appropiate.

Thanks.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    What's your setup here? Are the text captchas sent directly to decaptcher or over CB ? Because usually they solve text captchas. Of course not always as in the case of "Enter name of this site"-
  • edited June 2013
    Sven, I have GSA CB as first option with 5 retries; decaptcher as second, with 0 retries; and  user input as the  third. However, I have unticked recaptcha and Mollom from GSA CB so those specific captcha types should be sent directly to decaptcher whenever detected.
  • On a side note, and as I wrote in the "Debug" topic, they solve some text captchas (maybe 1 out of 15), but they charge you for every single submission, as they just write "cant see" or "dont know" as the answer. So, it should be useful to have the option to disable the sending of text captchas to Decaptcher given their current lack of quality in the text captcha answers.