Skip to content

Possible bug found regarding skipping hard to solve captchas

Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
Okay, i'm not 100 percent sure if this is a bug, or related to the service I started using yesterday for captcha solving (Expert Decoders).

Since I got this new service, I decided to un-check the option to skip all hard to solve captchas. I then went through CB and selected the Toggle option to send all the low solve rate captchas to Expert Decoders. I also added my account for them to CB.

Once I started running my projects, SER seemed to run real slow as soon as all threads were open, almost stall to a stop basically. Under my thread settings, I could put this up to 250, usually I only have it at 100 threads. Once SER got all 250 threads running, the CPU would show less than 10%, usually this is at 90%+. Hardly anything would be showing in the log window, but when I checked the CB window, I would see captchas coming back from the service etc and being processed.

Also when I stop SER, I always put my thread count down to 1 so SER will complete everything each thread is doing, instead of simply stopping it all. This time when I did this to stop SER, it took over 20 minutes to stop all 250 threads, nothing was being written to the log till the last few threads but I still seen captchas being solved in CB.

Now i'm not sure if this service is really just this slow, and SER is waiting for the captchas to be returned, or if there is some kind of freezing happening with regarding the use of CB and another service. Or if it has anything to do with sending and receiving recaptchas to another service, or even the option directly in SER about skipping hard to solve captchas.

Since I re-checked the Skip hard to solve captchas, everything seems to be working fine again. I still see CB receiving captchas back from the other service, so it is still being used, but running better now that I have that option checked again.

Has anyone noticed anything like this when NOT skipping hard to solve captchas in SER?

Hope everyone understands what i'm trying to say. LOL

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

You need to find what the average solve time is with the external captcha service

DBC have a warning on their site so you can see peak times and long captcha solving periods, no idea about the service your using

That will no doubt be your bottle neck

CB under a second per captcha

External services with humans, no telling per captcha

• Trevor_BanduraTrevor_Bandura 267,647 NEW GSA SER Verified List
    According to CB, every single one solved by the service is coming back like this:

Time Spent: 0.000 seconds.

It don't matter if it's a re-captcha being solved, or another one that got sent to them.

Even when SER would slow right down, the solve rate was still Time Spent: 0.000 seconds.
    I also want to add to this that I just now noticed.

In CB where it shows the count for captchas solved from service. It was not counting them. Now that I have the option in SER checked again to skip hard to solve captchas, CB is now showing stats for captchas solved from this service.

So not sure what to think about all this.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    A solve time with 0.000 for a captcha service is not realistic. Do you really have set it up correctly? I mean do you see a "solved by captcha service" in the log of CB?
    @Sven Yes I'm seeing the solved captcha and "solved by captcha service" and every recaptcha has a 0.000.

The only time SER starts bogging down is when I uncheck the option to skip hard to solve captchas and it starts to send the recaptchas to the service.

I ran my bookmarking project, the project that I have the option for skipping hard to solve captchas un-checked. And SER started running slow as soon as it started to send the recaptchas to be solved, As soon as it verified the daily limit and paused, everything went back to normal.

What happens is that the CPU usage goes right down and not to much get's written to the log as usual. It's real strange.

I don't think it has to do with the actual second service i'm using because in other projects it runs fine, I get the time it takes for them to solve the captchas etc. It just happens, that I can tell, when the re-captchas start showing up.
    @sven Is there maybe a way I can show you this through team viewer software or something?
    Sure, but not today, Im tired and off to bed soon. Can we do it tomorrow when Im in office (CET time zone)? Just leave login details in pm ... I can even check without you being online.
    I'm on a laptop so I would have to be on. Your on CET time, i'm CST. It is 2:53pm here right now. So we will have to work something out that is good for you. I'm at work till about 6pm CST time tomorrow, so not sure what time that is for you.
    in 10 hours from now Im in office for like 8 more hours.
    I'm trying to make a screen cast with Jing of the software running to show you. Just trying to figure out this software and how I can hide certain sections to not giveaway my websites.
    I don't care about that...just make the screencast and post it in pm.
    @Sven Sent you a PM