Skip to content

Not finding new targets/What are KW good for?

edited May 2013 in Need Help
Hey,

at first glance the question may sound weird or even stupid. But for the life of me i can't figure out why you should find more targets when using a big list compared to a small list.

The settings i figured out by reading all the big threads are the following concerning keywords:

- using a big generic list of kw and not use them as anchor text, but to set up a seperate anchor text (to get as many targets as possible)
- to not check "always use KW to find target sites" (even the program doesn't recommend it ;) )
- to not tick "one of my KW must be present on the site" (since it doesnt make sense except for blog (and maybe image/GB/forum) comment
- to not use them as tags (doesnt make sense for a generic list ;) )

So where are the KW used? I never see them anywhere in the log.

Normally i wouldnt care if SER would still find new targets, but at the moment i have a lot of "already parsed" and "no engine matches" messages and have a big problem finding new URLs to post to. If i dont spoonfeed SER with Scrapebox lists, the program seems to run in circles.

The groundwork (weeding out bad engines etc.) has already been done but I'm not crossing the 10LpM mark (12 projects, 4 without limits, no PR or OBL filters...). I'm using google int. +some different random googles for each project.

(Excuse/Disclaimer: I used site:forum.gsa-online.de on google and my proxies are fine. At first i thought they are maybe blocked but i checked in scrapebox and it says "google passed" for all of them. proxy-hub support says 2 of them are temporarily banned and i removed the blocked IPs. Still no improvement)

Best Regards

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Keywords are used for search engine queries for engines with dark green color and sometimes for engines with light green color.
  • Does it make sense to change the engine files in a way that they always add a keyword? That way ser doesnt use the same search queries again and again and will maybe find more targets?
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    you can use an option to do that. No need to modify the engine files. Though tests showed it is not really improving things.
  • edited May 2013
    >>> Though tests showed it is not really improving things.

+1 after testing. Time to put scrapebox to work ...
  • I use gscraper to scrape millions of links, help save time
  • did 4 mio tonight with SB... i tested the free version of gscraper and it stops at 20k for some reason.
  • cloudattack you using pupbic proxy or private for scraping and how many proxy you are using?