Skip to content

Double Your Sites Profits

I know this isn't really GSA related but I've learnt so much from this community regarding automating SEO that I thought I'd share my quick thoughts.

SEO is 1 part of the game, there is an immense danger on focusing 100% efforts on SEO where as we are all interested in the bottom line at the end of the day.

SEO is one piece of the pudding.  Traffic is crucial to any online business.  SEO is one way to get it and if you can automate it like GSA it's one of the best methods in my humble opinion.  I spent a lot of time doing SEO.

But there are lots of other parts of the equation for you to actually make money.  Focusing on profitable markets.  Going for buyers with commercial intent.  Conversion rate, upsells and one time offers.

I've managed to double my revenue for one site in the past month simply by capturing the leads and having an autoresponder sequence follow up with them using this method: Customers who I would have lost have ended up buying after the 4th 5th or 6th email.  Overall impact has been a 100% increase in profits.

With google constantly changing you need to stay up to date by protecting your traffic.  One way is to stay on top of the algo and building short term sites and churning sites as @ron suggests.  This is one method.  I make another humble suggestion to build your own customer database so long term you have a customer database you can sell them recurring products and don't need to rely 100% on google traffic.

If you aren't squeezing leads on your website do it today.  It takes 1 min to setup.  Even if you don't start sending emails start building your list.

Hope this helps you guys.

Comments

• ronron SERLists.com
    This is where most of us are very weak. Good job @sonic81 !
  • I always build lists. And when new content is being added, my system notifies subscribers.
    It brings another 20-30% of profits.
  • mmm i should do this, my big next step, making my own list =)
  • edited May 2013
    If you are starting and want to save costs use Mailchimp.

Most guys use aweber but the costs got up fast once your list size grows (good problem to have).

I just migrated my list to office auto pilot (www.officeautopilot.com) it's farking expensive though $299 a month.  it's got some pretty impressive functions where you can send targetted emails based on user functions (if then rules).  aweomse customer segmentation.

i'm experimenting with this you can do some awesome targetted offers.  e.g. if i'm in the fitness niche.  i have someone join my mailing list.

first email i send says "what is your biggest problem u are looking to solve"

1) lose belly fat and gain a six pack
    2) lose weight
    3) gain muscle

depending what they click on i can send them a different email the next day automatically customized to their problem i.e. if they click 1) i send them to truth about six packs, 2) send them to diet solution

etc.

conversions go through the roof the more segmented your market comes and thus more targetted offers you can send.
  • If you do a lot of affiliate marketing DON'T use Mailchimp.

I was their member 2 years ago, but they deleted my account without any notification.
    I contacted them and they said that they don't allow affiliate marketing to some extent.
    For example if you mail more than 1 message a week with affiliate links they'll disable your account.
    I had 2 lists with them. Health and money-making niches.

Also they don't have the best deliverability.

Now I use Interspire Email Marketer on my own server that sends messages through Amazon SES service.
    It's cheaper and with much better deliverability.
  • @Crownvic just affiliate marketing? How about marketing in general? How do they determine if your link is an affiliate link vs a link to a site you own with analytics tracking? Are you cloaking your links?
  • good point on mail chimp i've heard they do that.
  • edited May 2013
    @profitmotive, I think they just check manually and randomly from time to time looking at the stats. Generally if you send more commercial messages you're getting more unsubscribes. They can detect that and check questionable accounts.

I haven't cloaked my links, just used their tracking that obviously cloaks links.
  • OK thanks.

Sucks because I really like mailchimp's interface and the MandrillApp is killer for sending automated messages from my social sites.

But yeah, a reputation for closing accounts without warning is a deal breaker for me.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @crownvic - can you recommend a good wordpress plugin to capture newsletter signups? 
  • @AlexR, I just insert a signup box code (generated by Interspire) to a sidebar and at the end of every article.

The signup box inherits design from a current template.
  • Yes. I have been doing this for years. My trouble is the follow up messages, they suck and never get any sales though them.

Does any one know a service that would write a bunch of effective marketing messages that are sent via my autoresponder?
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    When I used to do email marketing my 1st follow up email was asking if they had any questions, and make it look like a personal email , not one that was sent to everyone, add a few typos etc. It worked well.
  • Nice.  Yea that's a good idea I might trial it personalization always helps!
  • no mailchimp,. been there too. also closed my account without notice.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Does anybody know of a free service that can send at least 2 follow up emails? I want a free service to configure with new sites and as the sites grow (if they work) I can then upgrade the paid version.