Skip to content

Real Name for Blog Commenting Anchor Text

edited September 2012 in Need Help
If I want my name to be on the blog commenting name field (rather than my anchor texts), is this possible? I'm thinking there would be more acceptance for that as using anchor text is quite spammy. Thanks.

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I believe that if you have it set to use "generic anchors" then it will use random names instead of the generic anchors in the generic anchors file.

I'm not 100% sure on this but that's what I could have sworn I read somewhere on here. :)

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    On every engine that uses an anchor text where normally the name is used for the link, the "generic anchor" will be a random name instead. so if you have it 100% there, it will always create a link with a natural looking name as anchor text.
  • edited September 2012
    Argh, i think my response got deleted. Does this mean that we would have to put "use also generic/natural anchor texts" at 100%? This would then regard the anchor texts we put in the anchor text fields right?
  • s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    Probably the best way to do it would be to duplicate the project and for the duplicated project only select blog comments. Then you can set your generic anchors at 100% so it uses random names.

You probably don't want your generic anchors set at 100% for all your other platforms so duplicating the project might be best.
  • Yes s4nt)0s. Thanks. That's was what I was thinking of too.