Skip to content

Looking for a Little Boost

I have a site that has ranked in the top 5 for years. Never really had to mess with it and I have always stayed around #3-4. Wondering what all of you pros think would be the best GSA option / approach to use to give it that little boost to #1. I don't want throw too many links at it and knock this site down of course. Domain age is 6 years.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Comments

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    GSA is a good tool but it's black hat essentially, or maybe grey hat. Either way whatever you do, be very careful, you might get short term boost but long teeerm might drop out of the first 10 pages... Depends how long term you think it needs to last.

Also ask yourself, in your niche do a lot of the customers look around at 4-5 sites (i.e. yours) anyway before buying? I have a site that is no3 and no4 in SERPS that I have owned for years. I know that most clients compare with others in the top 5 SERPS anyway. Very few go in and buy just from the company in position 1... Depends on the niche. I did some stuff with GSA initially here but decided to leave it, too risky. I have had similar position to your site for similar amount of time.

If i had to advise, I'd say clone your existing site, change it so it isn't identical, then use GSA for that...
  • @scott, maybe try something like Fightback Network. Get in one of their high pr networks. I seem to remember reading a forum post where someone used the network in your situation and the high pr posts were just what they needed.
  • Thanks guys... I appreciate it.
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Fightback Network are giving free membership

Visit their homepage and then leave it. A pop up will show with the free membership offer

• Awesome! Thanks LeeG!
  • Dang. I wish I knew this a week ago :P
  • So if GSA is Black Hat, is there a link building tool that is White Hat like SENukeXCr ?

I thought GSA SER was somewhat white hat
  • each tool that are building link for your site is blackhat or if you are building link manually this is also blackhat.
    so don't worry and keep digging.
  • So, it was ok to build links with SER before you found out it was "blackhat"?
  • Glennf  Senuke is totally blackhat, any automated tool to create links is blackhat it doesn't matter what platform or how good the content are if you are creating the link with the intention to build a backlink to your site its blackhat.