Skip to content

My Concern

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
I have been thinking about the recent update and GSA SER.

It seems many of the platforms don't use a keyword+ footprint and I think many of us have a similar selection of platforms. With many users surely this must leave a massive footprint since we are all using the same sites, given that they aren't being found by Footprint+Keyword and thus different for all of us. They all just use "Footprint". Yes, we may have different SE's selected, but they will eventually overlap. 

So over a period of 6 to 8 months as SER becomes more popular these "sites" that get found by SER using only "Footprint" will be found by the many SER installs and then lose their value in my opinion or leave a massive footprint.

I'm trying to discover a workaround for this.

Does anybody else have a similar concern or am I missing something here?

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

The workaround is simple.

Without entering a normal AlexR debate, you can edit the engine files to use keywords for all searches on the engines you use

As for you missing something, don't tempt any one with an honest reply to that one :D :-SS

• I totally agree. I have about 400/500 social network/articles sites I'm spamming to them. And I'm pretty sure most of ser users spam on the same sites!!.

Platform trainer is a must IMO to keep SER effective post penguin v2.