Skip to content

Download failed question

edited September 2012 in Need Help

Hi,

I bought GSA yesterday, and I am having problems with lots of download failed messages.  I am doing a forum run, and despite initial success at the beginning, I have not had any new accounts verified in 7 hours.

I am using the inbuilt proxy system.

Questions is what is the best way to avoid the download failed message, as I believe from reading other threads this may be down to poor proxies?

Thanks

Comments

• LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne

Increase the html timeout option

Its set to something like 30 or 60 out the box. I always set it to max.

Options>Submissions, about the second option down

No point in missing out on a backlink here and there that others might not get because they are worried about speed

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes thats the case here. If you use public proxies you can run into this situation as these public proxies might go down or are just slow. Disable proxies or get yourself some private or a better source for public proxies (nearly 200 sources to get proxies are included in the program, just two are checked by default).
  • thx thats perfectly what i needed as well
  • add on question thou, when you say you set it to max ... well there is not max besides 999999999
    which seems a bit unwise as well, so any recommended number which is realistic as well

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    I have HTML timeout at 120. Some people put around 140-160 so if you want you can go even higher to 180-200, etc.

There is no perfect number.
  • oki thx,