Skip to content

What's the right time to clear importing URL?

After keeping importing url to GSA, the identified folder will grow larger and larger. Of course, lots of them are not working after numerous submitting. Just want to know when is the right time to empty identified folder to improve the speed or success rate? Thank you.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    The only advantage of doing this is that the dead/not working sites are vanished. It is not improving speed because the files are smaller.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - how would you advise cleaning up the identified folder? As you mentioned there might be many dead/not working sites. Wouldn't it be useful if we had an option to somehow remove these sites as they are found in the list, this would make this list far neater... 
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    I will think of a possible solution for this.
  • It will be awesome to delete all those dead identified sites in a simple way :-)
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    I suppose it would also need to be done for verified and submitted site lists too as over time these will also fill up with bad sites. 

What about a scheduler or process that runs when resources are not all being used that:
    1) Removes duplicate URL's.
    2) Removes dead links from site lists.
    3) Maybe an option to remove all pr X and lower links from specific site list? (i.e. maybe the submitted,etc) This way you can curate a good solid list over time. 

Just some ideas. 
  • To clear dead sites would be my primary purpose. When all dead websites are cleared, i think more resources will be released for submitting good ones and it will improve speed in some ways.

Hope Sven will update a feature for this soon. We all know you are always amazing. :)