Skip to content

Spin folder set up& Project set up and reuse later .

Hi everyone ! I want to set up a spin folder with multiple spun articles for every project . my problem is , how can i name the files to separate *titles* * article body * *description* .  
Can they all  be in one folder ? 
Is it possible that SER will pick matching titles descriptions and article bodies ?  

Second is : I have set up Tier project and jest wonder if i can bring that hole thing up in one go for the next project , is it possible if yes, how ? 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You create 3 folder like c:\article_title\ c:\article_body c:\aticle_desc.

Than you name the files the same in each folder which should be used together. Thats all ... the program will make sure it uses e.g. <same random number>.txt from all folders if present.

The second question I don't understand. Maybe you mean the duplicate project option when using the popup menu!?

• The second one is : when I press duplicate it duplicated only one particular tier . I was wonder if it possible to duplicate the hole tier structure ? Thanks for answer one , will implement that ! 
    No thats not possible.
  • What I mean is duplicate T1t1aT2t2aT3t3a all at once . maybe i ask for to much :):):) 
  • Got it ! Thanks :)

• i hate from this same random number rule

please add one another rule which will generate different random number for each time
    because of this rule i have to duplicate each one of the folders and files

@yavuz I don't get what you mean here. How else do you think this should work or maybe you understood me wrong.

At start it has no content chosen so it chooses one random file from the folder and later tries to find the same file in the other folders. It doesn't have to be a <random number>.txt, it can also be a read able name. As long as it can find the same file or file with that same number in it on the other folder it takes it.

the following will work as well:

c:\article_body: article1.txt, article2.txt, article3.txt,  software_development.txt, 666.txt 

c:\article_title: title1.txt, title2.txt, title3.txt,  software_development.txt, 666.txt 

• edited May 2013
    @Sven ok let me give example. assume that i have a folder which contains 1000 different articles and i want to put 2 different article from this folder into my GSA article

so how would you do it ?

if you use spinfolder 2 times it will put same article because of this rule

so i have to duplicate this folders - give them different names and use 2 times spinning

so below code would select same articles am i incorrect ?

%spinfolder-C:/myfolder1/%

due to that problem i have to spin like below

%spinfolder-C:/myfolder2/%

am i incorrect ?

because of that i have to duplicate the times that i want to select different articles from folder

same applies to select line from file. i have to duplicate each file to select different lines.
    Of course the program is choosing a different article for each new site it submits to.
  • @Sven software select same article for the same site that means duplicate

I believe you understand what i mean. So currently i am not able to select 2 different article from same folder for the same site

This applies as well as selecting lines
    Because of this thing i have to duplicate all of the folders and files and give them different names
    The software does not submit two articles at the same time. I don't get what you are talking about. If you don't want to choose same content on same submission step, use %spinfolder2% and for %spinfile% use #file_links. These macros do not remember previously chosen content.
  • @Sven what i mean is

assume that i have 1000 different articles in a folder

assume that i am going to compose a wiki article

assume that i want to select 3 different articles from this folder and compose a wiki article

assume that i have another file that contains 1000 lines (each line is a different link)

now once again assume i want to compose this wiki article as follow

1 random article from folder
    +
    1 random line from file
    +
    +
    1 random line from file
    +
    +
    1 random line from file

Now how would you achieve this ?

Ahh so it's not a complete article but you build the article from multiple files. In that case use %spinfolder2..." and "#file_links[...].

• @Sven can you give full complete example ?

I mean is this spinfolder2 a special function ? or you mean duplicate of folders

also this #file_links i dont get

and yes i am composing an article randomly from multiple files.

what i do is currently duplicating each file and give different name
    it is extremely in effective
    lets say if i want to insert 15 different links from single file i have to duplicate this file 15 times, give each one different name and use them
    Please have a look into the macro guide. It's explained there. %spinfolder2% is a macro working the same as %spinfolder% just that it doesn't remind it's previous choice.
  • @Sven i checked faq several times and there is no spinfolder2
    also pdf files are missing when i say software to open macro guide

so that is great now i know spinfolder2

i also need for reading random 1 line from file

are there any way to do it ?

also i mean faq here : https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/155/inofficial-gsa-search-engine-ranker-faq/p1
  • edited May 2013
    returns only 1 thread which is here

site:https://forum.gsa-online.de/ spinfolder2

:D
    I don't know why but the macro guide is linked to the start menu and also accessible by using the Help menu.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - I use spinfolder on many projects. When you say it remembers it's previous choice, is that on a submission run or for how long is this remembered?
    Again (!), it remembers the content only for the current submission step.
  • @Sven is this a correct usage of readfile without remembering

#file_links[myfile.txt,1,N]

Will this always get a random line even within the same submission ?

So the below usage would select all random lines and files am i correct ?

%spinfolder2-c:\myfolder\%
    +
    +
    +
    +
    +

looks good to me.
  • nice. it seems like i have to read whole pdf several times. faq thread here is incomplete