Skip to content

GSA running X projects at the same time setting until they reach (P) state

Hello,
I was wondering if there is a way to add a setting - just like threads, to allow GSA run certain number of active projects at the same time.

It would be nice to say limit to 10-15 active "project slots" and add next project if it needs links built as soon as one went into (P) state.

I think it will even out the network and system load across the 24h cause if you have a lot of projects, when they all start at 0 hour, they put rather big load on system, then run for few hours, then machine is idleing.

If there is an option right now, would love to hear. Otherwise it is rather nice option to consider.

Thank you in advance for replies!

Andy a.k.a FatSteve

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    You are talking about the scheduler where you can do that already. Click the down arrow on the Start/Stop button.
  • Ahh, thanks, will look into that then.

Much appreciate quick response.

Andy
  • edited May 2013
    Not exactly. Andy is talking about when resources would be diverted from a paused project to a non paused one. The scheduler is based on a pre set time slot. I think it's a great idea however what if none of your projects got paused that day due to low LPM, network traffic etc then some projects would never start
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah that's exactly the point, but it would beat the heck out of all of them lagging... 

Also, projects with higher priority could be started first, this way you would most likely complete them even on a bad day. I think it would beat the scheduler by far. Same way as threads.

I don't know, I tried scheduler, kept activating (P) projects even with the checkbox ticked, was rather odd.
  • +1 for this. I think running projects based on available resources is a lot more efficient than sharing time out based on "assumptions".