Skip to content

Emails with confirmation links for T1

Hi,

I am building T1 project with large list of previously scraped Article and Social Network sites. The success rate for verified is not very decent, there are many more submitted sites than verified. I always thought that it works the way it should because of manual moderation, etc, but then I tried logging in into Hotmail account that I use with the project (each time new, with spam filter disabled) and noticed besides 5000 deleted emails in POP folder there are about 3000 not deleted emails all with confirmation links, mostly Elgg sites in my Inbox.  (with subject like this - NoreenGow please confirm your email address!)

From what I understand if GSA followed the confirmation links it would then delete these emails, but that is definitely not the case - these websites are not in verified lists. if it completed registration it should at least created profiles on those sites and added them to verified list. 

So please help me find out the route of this problem so that we could fix it for everyone.

Comments

• And one more thing - when I look into the log file I see a lot of statuses - please verify your email
  • SER sometimes waits a period of time before verification maybe it hasn't checked these yet
  • I changed project status to Verify emails only. It didn't help, so I don't think its because of verification time. Had to process the remaining emails via other programs.
  • Maybe @Sven can answer but SER will still wait even though you set to verify only. This is because some sites take ages to verify so why risk checking before account is live? Make sense to you?
  • It does make sense, but why it doesn't process emails that are already in the mailbox? I think its not related.