Skip to content

[Request] Duplicate xx times

Hey Sven,

would it be possible to include a function where we can enter a number of duplications for a project.

For instance: If we want one project to be duplicated 5x we simple put a 5 in a field and the project is duplicated and renamed automatically?

Comments

• +1 for something like this
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    Can't you just duplicate the .prj x5 and it does the same?
  • That's quite time-consuming if you need to duplicate a project more than 100x :)
  • +1, would be very useful
  • Sven, do you think it could be included?
  • I was just about to make a feature request for this, glad i saw this one. I agree with the OP, you sometimes need to duplicate many times, for each duplicate process you need to Right Click -> M -> U -> change name -> change email

That's 5 actions per duplicate project. So if you do need to duplicate 100 times, that would be 500 manual actions. (time wasted).

Also, clearly, when you duplicate a project, in 99% of cases you do NOT want to use the same emails as in the original project, therefore I would also suggest an option to create new emails for the duplicated projects (random email from the free email engines for example)

This would be an amazing feature that would save tons of time.
  • @sven

Any thoughts on this? it shouldn't be that hard to implement, right? create a new form, then just call the class/function that does duplicate task, multiple times.
  • why you want to duplicate your projects?
    any profit?

sorry i new and don't know..