Skip to content

Global list function

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Hello:
I have seen the videos and read through the forum, but I have not completely understood global list function. So, I would like to know if these cases are correct:
1 - There are three list: identified, submitted and verified each of them should be in a different folder
2 - When importing URLs from a file, or "searching online" from the tools ( URLs or site lists) all found URLs are saved in the identified list
3 - When searching inside a project, all found URLs are also saved in the identified list if option is set in settings "Save identified sites to" is enabled
4 - When searching inside a project, all succesfully submitted URLs are save to the submitted list is set in setting "Save submitted sites to" is enabled. Anyway, the same URL is not deleted from the identified list. For that, you have to manually use option "Remove duplicates URL"
5 - When searching inside a project, all succesfully verified URLs are
save to the verified list is set in setting "Save verified sites to"
is enabled. Anyway, the same URL is not deleted from the identified
list or submitted list. For that, you have to manually use option "Remove duplicates URL"
6 - When using the option "Using URLs from global sites list if enabled" inside a project, all three list will be used (identified, submitted, verified) for finding URLs

Is this correct? Thanks.

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

1. correct

2. correct

3. correct

4. The "remove duplicate urls" is for people searching and importing URLs to the list on there own. And in that case you end up with duplicate URLs in the list which you might want to clear out.

5. correct, the URLs are just stored and never removed automatically. Just when you use the "Remove duplicate" option. That option is also only working on one type and not like "remove from identified if foudn in submitted).

6. correct

• So, the same URL could be found in the identified, submitted and verified and they will not be cleared when using the remove duplicates function. Is there any way to avoid that kind of duplication?
    Thanks.

• Mayby it should be 4th list (iden,ver,subm in one txt)
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

@raperez, no sorry and Im not adding this as I think it doesn't matter really.

@elias, use the same folder for all and you have it like you want.