Skip to content

OMG - No Links In Articles Imported from WAC

edited May 2013 in Need Help
Anyone with an answer to this question - would be very grateful.

When you create an article in WAC and get it ready to be imported into GSA SER, do I have to use the %Link% variable within WAC or will GSA SER automatically and strategically place the url + keyword into the article imported?

Been struggling with the method behind this... if I import an article with, say 4 link variables %Link% in the hope that GSA SER will replace that variable with my backlink, chances are, those spun articles only produce that link once in, say 20 or so articles, meaning my backlinks are not being imbedded into the articles being posted.

In the case that I want EVERY article to have a backlink, be it one I've chosen or a generic anchor text, how do I control how many of these are posted per article?
I've searched my verified articles for these links, but they seem to show where the %link% variable from WAC was placed before article import!

Any help relating to how to control number of anchor per spun article posted would be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Nexblanc01.. thanks for the feedback,
    However, what if I don't want an attribution link at the bottom of the article, what if I want a link somewhere within the content?

Do I then have to use the %link% attribute, and if so, will this attribute, PLUS the "Put link where it's seen as spam" option add the link where the %link% appears?

Some clarity on this appreciated.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I hope I'm not giving bad info here as I always have the token in my spins, but...

I believe if any of your anchor terms are in the article, it grabs one and inserts the link.

And I always thought that if none of your anchors appear, you get the attribution link at the bottom.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

• Hmm... interesting feedback, and appreciated.

I guess my argument is, if you're going to have the %LINK% attribute to add to each para based on the WAC settings, you'll never really get a link in every para because of the "many variations" of spun content.

If you copy the spun article in GSA SER and search for the %LINK% attributes in each version of spun article, you'll be very lucky to come up with one every 4 or 5 spins..

So what I've been doing, is copy the spun version of the article, then paste it in software called Link Dozer Slight... it's software that merely shows versions of spun content... then I change the format of the spins from content blending to true spin... so that some articles have 5 paras, some have 8, some 4, some more, and that the %LINK% attribute is never in the SAME location of every article where the %LINK% attribute can be found.

Will def keep playing around with the two tools to see how I can get the most from both.

Thanks for the feedback.

• @acronym - That should never happen The way wac works is every variation should have a link tag in the specified paragraph. If it's not there then it's a bug which needs to be immediately fixed. Can you send me an id where you noticed link tag not appearing?

Warm Regards,
  • @Admin.

That's the problem..how do I extract the WAC_IDs from GSA, if they're saved at all?
    My observation was not based on posted and verified data, but from checking the spun article content before using it for posting.

Some articles did not have the %Link% attribute, and only about 1 in every 5 or so articles would have that attribute..

That said... I've had to manually add the %link% attribute multiple times into the spun version of the article, in the hope that those attributes would then have to be converted into backlinks once posted.

Many thanks
  • edited May 2013
    hi,

Please go to GSA SER in settings and check insert links tag and then enter which para you want the link in.If you want multiple paragraphs just put 1,2,3,4. Then when you build - go to export tab and click on export to database - you will get an id. Just go to autofill - WAC id in GSA and enter this id.

Now when you click test you will see the tags in those paras which you want. And don't worry about manually placing links. The whole concept of the software would be ruined if it did not places links by itself. Also if you have any other problems please feel free to email at support @ wickedarticlecreator.com
  • wacadmin
    Sorry for the late response to your feedback, but highly appreciated nonetheless.

Just a couple of observations I need clarification on.
    In WAC settings for gsa ser the radio button asks "insert %LINK% in____ paragraphs"
    I would assume the number that goes into this field is just one whole number, depending on the paragraphs one hopes to have, as opposed to using numbers PLUS comas, as in your example above?

So I would assume I would need to add 5, if I wanted the link in all 5 paras, as opposed to using the 1,2,3,4,5 example as shown in your feedback?

Also, gsa ser converts %anchor_text% into links, whereas your soft converts %LINK% into links.
    Does gsa ser recognize your syntax to represent where a link should go, or should one search and replace your syntax with the one gsa recognizes?

Thanks in advance.
  • hi,

The way link tag works is you specify which paras should have it. This way you get more control on link placement. So actually you do need to put 1,2,3,4,5 to get links in all 5 paras.

Also you should change %link% with anything else. I kept it like that to match universal pattern and people can change it with normal a href links too.

Note instead of changing it one by one just copy whole content to notepad and then do a quick find-replace.

Regards,
  • hi,

i use wac with this feature, the problem is that  some spunned paragraphs has the links and about ~25% doesn't.

regards
  • hi,

if it ever happens again would you please mind giving me your WAC id through email or PM me? The link tag has directly been taken from auto-build which never has this error. It would be something very small which i miss so if you could please help me i would appreciate it. I do have other users who have sent me text documents too about this error. Hopefully i get a GSA project ID too.
  • edited May 2013
    wacadmin
    Ideally, how many times should each project be run before "refreshing" or changing out all the content for another?
    I'm adding "{| and }" at the end of each para to make each article have different paras and link locations, which is better spinning (IMO), but you can never be too careful with dup spun spam.

Thanks once again
  • wacadmin
    You may want to take a closer look at how WAC creates spin text for the guest book comments.
    The spin syntax being produced has two or more "{" and "}"

This is erroneous, as then the comments being left include two or more paras of unrelated content.
    Ideally, it should be one "{" and one "}" with multiple content in them, so that the comment then left is one sentence or thought, regardless of its length.

You may want to check on this.

Many thanks