Skip to content

Recommended VPS that works well

Comments

• i just changed my vps yesterday, i was at 28-30 lpm and now i am at 65 lpm, i just changed vps and nothing else, this one is faster in everything, bandwidth, cpu, ram and its cheaper... I am using  https://bermanhosting.com/vpshosting.php Extra
  • @rodol - what country are you in? Will Berman work for me if I am in Florida? Also how does Berman feel about using Seo tools?
  • I'm using GSA + CB on berman so i believe they accept any seo tool except XR (i guess, all the vps hosting are scared about XR)... and my country doesn't matter but if you want to know i am from the Caribbean, if you are paying for a vps it doesn't matter where are you from, the vps is not installed at your location its already installed somewhere and the provider should give you this information
  • ronron SERLists.com
    @rodol - I wish I was from the Caribbean. Yah man!  :ar!
  • @Mike

Contact me via PM and I will see what I can do for you.
  • Bought a VPS called interserver(hxxp://www.interserver.net), the only reason is the price. Use coupon code "forumoffer12", it only cost $0.01 for the first month, enough for testing. Of course u can only get 1 core CPU, 752MB ram, 12mbps / 3600GB bandwidth. Have run it for 5 days with SER & CB, looks like it's doing ok
  • Any one interested in offshore bullet proof dedicated server message me with requirements.

Features
    • Offshore Bullet Proof (No complains)
    • Run Any SEO Software ( XR, GSA, Sick, SB)
    • UN-metered Bandwidth
    • Choice of Hardware as per your requirment.

• Hi Guys

I'm from SE Asia. Currently I'm using Trustvm. So far it is working fine. However, I find connecting to the vps using Desktop Remote Connection is lagging. I've to wait several seconds each time I click. Anyone here from SE Asia has encountered improved performance when using Desktop Remote Connection? Can you share the VPS provider here?

Thanks.
  • hyde can you please give me the link to OVH server which are you using..

Thanks
  • hyde can you please give me the link to OVH server which are you using..

Thanks
  • Any conclusion in this thread who the best VPS provider is?

What I have gathered so far:

- TrustVM
    Cheap, slow, lag, kind of crap

- Bermanhosting
    Cheap?, good support, do not like spam?, decent speed

- Poweruphosting
    Not cheap, good support, love spam, great speed

11$ with lag, slow speed and semi crap
    16$ for good support and OK speed but dislike spam
    35$ for great speed, good support and a spam friendly

hmm.... what to do

• spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Never had any problems with berman I am running 2-3 projects at all times
  • @spunko2010 - what pack did you go for? How about running 30 projects with 3 tiers + CB? Its not really the technical side that I am worried about, its the support. What if something breaks down, do I have to wait days to get it fixed while my projects just wait?

Someone that has experience with Berman and Power that can help me in this regard?
  • edited May 2013
    berman very slow in response, can be 24/48hours Ive experienced.  I've 4gb vps running 1x ser 1 xCB
    I've a 2nd 2gb vps running proxy scraper and gscraper with them also.

Been looking round myself and hard to find anything as cheap as berman, so Im seriously concidering going dedi, id go for an ssd dedi (due to the read/writes)and asking someone to setup vps's on it...perhaps even share it:) anyone?:)

• @Zeusy - how about downtime? Are they stable? I am having a terrible time deciding between providers... damn it! I am seriously thinking about going with PowerUPHosting but I messaged @poweruphosting without any responds si I might give berman a shot.
  • my first one went offline after few days dowtime was about 24hours.
    then something strange happened, they teold me they had to move my vps to us hosting as they dont like spamming on european server :-/ so that took about 1: 30mins of dowtime.

Im currently talking to the guy who runs my many whitehat vps's.  mostly websites.

hes european and all servers are ssd, which i believe should increase ser speed a bit. with 1gbit line.
    so hes working out setting a 2gb windows 2008 vps for me:) hes doing some calcs now on price...shall let u know very soon.
  • Thanks Zeusy! Look forward to hearing from you.
  • nps m8ty, hes still working out prices as custom plan...should be about 20mins i guess.

thing is I know ill perhaps not get anything as cheap as berman, but you get what you pay for i guess.
    I trust this guy with my 6 wedsites vps's and used over year now with a 15mins downtime in that time...he told me my vps was down:)

I initally asked about ujst buying my own dedi and setting up vps on that...even sell a few to others to help pay towards the server ( I'm kind of guy who wouldnt make money from it - just as long as costs are covered equally by everyone using it)

However, virtuallisation software is like 120euros alone....and then im no server tech....so I couldnt give the support if thing went wrong...so dropped that idea and asked him to cost it for me:)
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    I havent ever had any issues with berman. But i have only been with them for a month.
  • ok heres the specs:

== SSD OFFER ==
    CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E3-1230v2
    RAM: 2GB DDR3 EEC Guaranteed
    Storage: 25GB Pure SSD
    Traffic: 2TB Premium Bandwidth
    Bandwidth: 1 Gbps
    IPv4: 1
    IPv6: 5

€34 EUR / month

I was worreid about the cpu speed of this but he said:

"He probably uses desktop CPUs (i5, i7), we use server CPUs only: Intel Xeon E3-1230v2 is clocked at 3.7GHz in Turbo mode. I bet my ass our will be faster."

So he in process of setting up a vps for me now, so can test for the week...hes that confident.

btw, hes told me NOT to post this offer and website to public as his standard 2gb vps are normally 40euors a month.  He's doing this deal for me and so any of you guys can get it also.  So if your interested in it, pm me for contact details.

• I have one VPS with Berman that has been down for five days. Very slow support and bad communications.
  • @Zeusy - Thanks for the info I am gonna think about it...
  • edited May 2013
    @carl sorry to hear m8ty.  Im looking @ berman as cheap and good enough to learn ser and optmises your projects...but stability aint great at all:(

@tryggvirafn - get a bloody real nick, typing that out is a pain:) and nps on thinking about it, btw hes just confimed you will get a 7  day money back guarantee if your not happy for whatever reason, so cant loose really:)

My test vps will be ready in 15mins :)
    So just stopped my SER was avg 82 LPM
    backing up and preparing for the move.  Will the reinstall and restore backups onto new vps and lets see if difference in LPM..oh excited:)
  • haha.. yea could you type that out again, I am note sure I read it correctly :D

Can he convert (and charge) that to $ instead of Euros as my currency does not convert well to Euros I am afraid.

Having a VPS that breaks down with support that takes days is equally as exciting as having David Moyes as you next manager.... so the offer looks kind of cool but I would need that in $ for a start.
  • I have used Berman for over 6 months now and only had to contact support once and he got back to me within 12 hrs...

Cheap and cheerful is my experience! 

• edited May 2013
    Some feedback,

After restoring all to new server, no issues at all.
    I ran ser and waited to verifcations to finish before I reset the LPM.

I've had it running @ 200 threads / timeout 180 / 50 private proxies

running 7 TA projects (all feed from imported urls)

exactly same settings as on my 4gb berman hosting.  which was runnign steady on 80-82LPM
    On this 2gb SSD 1GBIT line the LPM is steady 108 LPM - already verifed 1200 in past few hours since began test:)  so WELL chuffed I just made the 100LPM club:P
  • I'm using PowerUpHosting , and I'm happy, was not happy at all with Berman. 
  • Any way to get a discount for poweruphosting for GSA users?
    Tried to signup today with the promo code WFLITE but it says the promotion code has expired.
    Either way, a promo code for GSA users would definately be useful.
  • @sammicurr - go to the first page of this thread and click the link from Sven.I am quite sure it will take you to a GSA special.