Skip to content

Please release another exe which will periodically close and re-start GSA ser

edited May 2013 in Need Help
we need it
software keep getting maximum ram usage per several hours and stops

also in case of if you are not willing i can write my own software
i just need to know
how can i stop and close gsa ser with command line ? instead of ending processes forcebily
and how can i start it with command line and automatically start it

i need parameters

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Naw I will not release such thing. I would like to fix things instead. Though as hardly anyone is sending me the project where this happened I can not debug and locate the issue that easily.

All command line parameters are in the changelog in some place. There is no quit parameter or something. Just kill the program the hard way.

• edited May 2013
    @Sven killing program in a hard way wouldnt cause data loss ?

i dont think so it is possible to debug
    since it happens like 6 hours later

you can compare source code if you have 5.70 source code

Killing the hard way should not cause any data lose.

I don't have that code anymore. And I reviewed all changes I have made since than many times. I could not find any issue. Just one which I fixed now for next version but I can hardly imagine it would cause such an issue. But we are here to learn I guess.

• i see. code management is a must. i am also not using but as can be see in your case it may be really helpfull.

at least i will do temporary solution myself thanks

Oh well, thats what I like...people to tell me how to work ;) But yea you are right in one or the other way.
  • hmmm i wrote a little tool so my backup goes fine ... i put it into windows sheduler .. my app checks the processes for SER and kills it with WM_CLOSE .. then i let the backup start .. now i periodicaly check for the status of the backup (webrequests to proxmox) when it's done it starts SER again in sheduler mode

check this .. i made a little proggy

https://forum.gsa-online.de/discussion/3790/get-process-killer-tool-useful-for-ser-backup-and-other-things
  • @KayKay thanks
    i did myself quick process kill and start regularly per 1 hour right now