Skip to content

Moneysite links

spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
Just wanted to ask if anyone is using redirection such as TinyURL or something else, for creating T1 links to their moneysite? I am concerned about someone from the Wordpress team for example running a check or automated process and seeing there have been X number of links added for my moneysite in the past few months , and then I'll get filtered out...

Any other methods you use to reduce the risk of your moneysite being hit?

Comments

• davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2013
    In my experience, once your site has been live for a month or so and as long as it's not blatantly self serving, you should be OK.

I normally have posts without links, posts with links to other non competitive sites as well as posts to my sites

I've got literally hundreds of web2.0s on many different platforms and as long as you mix it up a bit, you are normally OK - the only real exceptions to that are edublogs and blog.com.

You can make these stick too, but it's a lot more hard work.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited May 2013
    WHat about squidoo? I'm not really convinced that I should manually write stuff there any more, it's a lot of work.
  • davbeldavbel UK
    edited May 2013
    Squidoo would fall within the same area as blog.com and edublogs i.e. worthwhile but hard work.

However I would leave squidoo right now as they are having to clean up their site, so are being extra strict with lenses.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    Thanks. My plan is to use GSA for now as 100% of my link generation solution, I am writing about 25% of T1 stuff manually.

Then when I have more cash to spend I'll be paying some blogers to write about my site. I've contacted a few, they usually want about $75 per article, anyone know of a good place to find these sorts of people as contacting them directly is tiresome (NOT Fiverr!)
  • $75 a post seems a lot. 

I'd buy a pr3 / pr4 expired domain and put some content on it for $75.

• ronron SERLists.com

Just a side note...Squidoo a few weeks ago changed all external links from dofollow to nofollow.

So not only are they a pain in the rear to work with, they turned off the juice.