Skip to content

VPS question with Admin rights

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Love the software! I want to run it on a VPS but I don't have admin rights. The owner installed my copy for me (yes I own it and would but it again) but when I went to update it says I need Administrator rights. SeNuke on the same VPS allows me to install updates? Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• I think that's because senuke is installed in a user folder and not in the default programs folder if i remember correctly. because of that you can update senuke without admin rights.

• OK, good to know. I was just hoping to use it on the VPS with the fat internet connection. Does the fatter internet connection really matter with GSA?
  • I am getting outstanding results running SER from my home PC. My PC is pretty fast & I have a good internet connection (speed wise). SER has gotten so much leaner & faster lately that I don't know if you really need a VPS.

The only potential problem could be complaints from your ISP for excessive bandwidth usage.
  • Fair enough and yes it's fast. Just love the thought of running it on a VPS to not worry about reboots or whatnot, but the software is so good I'll take what I can get. Thanks!
  • What VPS doesnt give you admin rights? Unless its one of those dubious 'black hat tool' vps's that have pre installed software, then you are being fobbed off by your provider, and should probably move.

There are quite a few decent VPS providers mentioned here on the forum that you could try.

• Yep, one of those and I am thinking about moving.