Skip to content

Priority - Search or Imported URLs?

BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
I want to import a lot of URLs and have SER run through all of them before searching for more.  Is that the typical priority?

1 - If URL's available use them.
2 - If no URLs use site lists
3 - If no site lists or URLs, use search engines.

I'm trying to figure out how to structure a project to get the desired results.

Thanks!

Comments

• select 0 search engines
    it will use all of the imported urls
    later you can select search engines when no url left
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @yavuz That's not what I was looking for.  I was wondering how SER prioritized the imported URLs vs searching.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    It uses your imported URLs in priority.
  • BrandonBrandon Reputation Management Pro
    @Sven, thanks, that's what I was wondering.
  • What about the priority of search engines and global list? Also in global list, normally there are identified, submitted and verified, what's their priority?
    edited June 2013

1. imported urls

2. search engines

3. site lists (no priority here ... it mixes between chosen lists).

• Another question, for imported url, will gsa submit in sequence or randomly? I would prefer randomly, as i'll set several projects to filter the list and i don't want all of them start from the beginning.
    Imported URLs are added to a file for the project and get read from end of the file down to size 0. So no randomization possible here sorry.
  • Thanks for your reply.

As i see each project will download several hundred URL to submit, if i got 10 project and i import 100K url to each project, will this slow the GSA a lot? Or just uncheck all engines and let projects download url from global lists?

Sometimes i even need import more than 1 million identified url to project for filtering. Is this ok?
  • Sven

can i delete imported urls file instantly after importing them or should i wait few days?
    and if wait then how to know when all urls are proceeded?

@brianhill you can import the urls to all projects without slowdowns. 

@baba if you import a file, than the content is added to the project. You can delete the original file of course after that.

• Sven thanks.

1 more query.

i have imported 1k keywords in my project then after few days how i know that which keyword is used by SER so i can delete that one and insert new keywords.

or

SER automatically deleted used keywords from projects.?

Thanks

Thats not known to the project. It loads the keywords on project start, randomizes the list, adds collected keywords (if option is checked) with a certain plausibility and starts the project. If really all keywords have been used, it starts again from the first keyword in list.

On a new start, it uses a different order as the keywords are ordered differently. Deleting keywords is not done.

Also note that keywords are not really an issue if you do not get enough targets unless you only use engines with dark green color who always use your keywords in a search query. Keep in mind that keywords are not used by many engines.

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - "Imported URLs are added to a file for the project and get read from end of the file down to size 0. So no randomization possible here sorry." - what about if there was an option to allow us to use a macro to set a txt file as the URL source. This way, it would pick random URL's. We could then also develop a set of niche specific targets. 

Let's say I have 10 sites in niche 1. I could then set these projects across different VPS's to use 1 file that has targets for this niche. Since would be selected randomly, they would get different links. 

Or I could set a file with just contextual links and on all contextual projects across 3 VPS's I could set this as a the URL source file and it would then grab random contextual URL's to post to. 

This would be a super neat feature. Maybe I should start a new thread about this and get some input on the idea?
    Way to specific. You can import your nice links to projects and maybe randomize the list before doing it. Would have the same effect.
    Next version allows you to randomize the file before importing.