Skip to content

" Grab articles from a folder" macro?

Hi,

Is there any macro can help SER grab articles from a folder randomly?? If yes, where can i write the macro on? thanks. 

Comments

• AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    %spinfolder-<filepath>%

You can insert anywhere. It grabs .txt from folder randomly. 
  • If you right click on the field you would like to use the article in and select 'Use contents of a random file', then just navigate to the folder that contains the articles then that will set the macro up for you. That's the easiest way i've found so far anyway
  • How do you set up the .txt files? As you know, there are many section that you have to insert a lot of text ( articles, descriptions... ) do i have to create diffirent folder which contain different part of articles for those field? 
  • The short answer is yes, create a separate folder for each different type of content.

You can use the %spinfolder% macro for the articles/titles/summaries (anything really). Just create a separate folder on your PC for each individual item (article, title, etc). In each folder, create a separate text file for each individual article (or title, etc). One special feature of this that @Sven added ---- If you name the files in each folder something that ends in a number (article1, article2...title1, title2...summary1, summary2), it will use the matching files from each folder. That way you can make sure that the article/title/summary all match.
  • Thank you guys so much.