Skip to content

Success Stories From GSA SER Users?

I'm somewhat new to SER and now running 3 mult-tiered projects using Ron's template doing 10 links a day per tier. I'm using only SER, Captcha Breaker and GSA Indexer.

I was wanting to hear some success stories from users of GSA and about how long it takes to see results.

Comments

• I am using gsa directly to my website with min pr 3 and 50 obl and I can say rank is improving in a slow pace . I run all my url's in one project and replacing the article time after time . 100 verifid links a day . Still in a test mode . Would love to hear more from other user also :) 
  • I set my OBL's to 100 as per the how-to videos, but not sure if this matters.

My buddy Tops that told me not to use a secondary captcha service (DeathByCapcha) and just use GSA Captcha Breaker and that alone is saving me a ton of money even thou Recaptchas will be skipped.
  • yeah I dropped the subscription based captcha services and have got my self a C Breaker . Don't see any difference , link are still building up .:)
  • What's Ron's template? Can you provide a link to that thread of ron?
  • There's a link to it (and others) in my Tips thread listed at the top of the forum.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited April 2013

I'm going to answer your question in a roundabout but truthful way...

Your choice of what you promote is one of the most important elements in making money online. Over the years I have had to sift through a lot of products to figure out what will sell.

You can be in the "right" market, but completely miss the boat - and the money - by representing the wrong product. With that said, let get into the truth...

SER can get you in ranking position, depending on the degree of what difficulty of your search terms, in a matter of 1-3 months.

But it's all a numbers game.

The first part is: Do the terms you rank for generate enough traffic to get you the clicks you need. I have learned low volume is not worth my time. In theory, you can make money off 100 searches a month, but you will never see me putting all the work I put into this business for low volumes. I like bigger terms.  

How well your site is written - .i.e., how well you can get people to click on an offer - is a big determinant of your success. You could have 1000 visitors per day, but if you only get 20 clicks per day, you will probably make nickels. I have had sites get as high as 54% of all visitors click through to an offer.

The offer you are pushing either has a great converting offer, or a crappy conversion rate. So you go through all the work to get ranked, you get the traffic, you get people excited, and you send them to a crappy offer - and you make zilch. You must make sure before you get started that the product has a great sales page. If you can't figure that out, you are in the wrong business.

What I am trying to say is there are many moving parts. You must be a master at seo and ranking. Once visitors are at your site, you must be eloquent enough to get them keenly interested without overselling - you must get them to click - but you must not overhype or else you will lose in the end. Once they click and visit the sales page for the seller, that page must be very good at converting prospects into sales or you just wasted your time.

You must be a master of making sure each step is rock solid.

When I hit the right markets with the right combinations of all of the above steps, within 3 months I can be on a path to making 5k - 10k per month with just one well-thought-out website.

Is that the way most people start? Hell no. Everybody has to pay their dues. You need to learn how to rank through trial and error. You need to identify money-making markets through trial and error. You need how to convert visitors into clicks through trial and error. You need to identify solid offers with high converting sales pages through trial and error.

If you think you will wander into this business and make quick money - good luck. You will probably have your ass handed to you.

If you start putting up a bunch of sites, and in succession, learn from your mistakes, make each site better than the last - and experiment trying different things - and remain committed through the ups and downs - you will succeed. That's the bottom line. 

• @Ron - Really good post.
  • Thanks @Ron, you are right BUT - you said "SER can get you in ranking position, depending on the degree of what difficulty of your search terms, in a matter of 1-3 months." -if this was true, everybody would be making big money quite easily . Even you said you are not able to rank 40% of your sites.

I think this has to pointed out here to not make people think the SEO game is too easy...
  • ronron SERLists.com

Yeah, but if you noticed, I spelled out all the parts that must be in place for you to make the bigger money.

None of it is easy, and many times you think a market is a no brainer, only to find out people really aren't buying in that market.

Ranking is only one part of the equation. If it was the only important part, everybody would be making money, and that clearly is not the case.

• @Ron said: "Ranking is only one part of the equation. If it was the only important part, everybody would be making money, and that clearly is not the case."

I dont think this is true. I think the main problem for most people IS ranking, not making money from ranked sites. It is currently my problem as well...If you would rank for almost whatever term and get 1k visitors/day, you will always make some money, at least with Adsense in worst scenario.

Of course, make money from your traffic is important as well, but without traffic, you can have the best marketing sites of the world and you will earn big zero....
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Whatever you say.
  • very good post @ron
    Also successful SEOs won't post a lot on forums, they're working on setting up more profitable sites.
    (sorry that's the truth).

There's a lot of good info on this forum, if you implement, you can rank in most difficult niches.
    But as ron said, you need to know not only SEO to be successful and make big bucks.
  • edited April 2013
    Hmm I wonder how many of you actually know WTF you are talking about. Oh well, good luck with all the money you'll earn  :))
  • @ron very diplomatic :D

@seagul :))
  • the secret is called conversion.. some will learn that when they grow up, some never.
  • ronron SERLists.com

I work hard on my hair. Thanks @nexblanc01 :)

Yeah, nobody's going to spell out step by step what they do to make money. But my post above are the things I really worry about - the things I truly work on.

I know exactly how many unique visitors I have on my sites, and of those visitors, how many actually click on an offer - I know the exact percentages for each website.

And what I do fairly frequently is change the way the site is laid out, change the placement of the graphics, change where the text links are placed - all in an effort to increase my % of clicks.

People need to understand that you can double your profit on any website by simply doubling the number of clicks you get for the same visitors - by simply improving your layout. 

• edited April 2013
    You sure it's not a wig?... :))
  • I thought SEO was dead anyway so aren't you all wasting your time?
  • In my opinion Ron said something true : rank a website doesn't mean you will make money automatically. There are so many factors you need to consider to make a website successful .. I had websites ranking very high for big money keywords that didn't make money with a sponsor and then make me thousands with another sponsor. If I didn't change things on that website I could have lost thousands and never get back on that website. But is also true that is not easy to rank a website. Gsa help a lot and in my opinion its too much of a cheap tool for what it offer. Gsa need to be used properly and I think it doesn't offer permanent ranking ( like no other tool can offer) , and these days its important to rank your website but also to stick your website high on money keywords and thats its really hard to get. This is my opinion , and my experience using all the tools out there ( yes I used almost every tool out there) . @Ron did you get my message?
  • edited May 2013
    What many people forget is that even when you're working online you HAVE overhead cost. Compared to a physical company its cheap, yes, but it's still there.

What this means is, it doesnt really make sense to go for low comp keywords (and im not talking about adwords comp;) ) because they are fast and easy to rank. Lets say you go for an amazon product that has ~1000 searches a month. You get to the top and the page makes you 100 a month - thats more than most people ever earned online on their life and you can brag with that in front of your friends.

But you need to pay your VPS, Proxies, Webspace, Hotmail-Accounts (you better buy them ;) ), Kontent Machine or PLR Articles etc. etc.

What i learned in the last weeks is: go big or go home. I went for a low-comp KW with 3000 searches a month and hell yeah, the page makes me money (at least enough to cover the expenses of my VPS and Proxies), but I dont really like that.

I'm not really familiar with GSA SER yet, but i go for a 15k KW now because everything else just wastes my time and it won't pay off.

So my advise for every newcomer is: Go for sth big right in the beginning. Don't make testpage after testpage to see if "it works". I made that misstake for over a year now and i only made nickles. Im glad i found this forum (and GSA SER) and try to go for more now. Making Money Online definitely works, but you have to go big.

Just my 2 cents,

Best Regards
  • @Startrip You are absolutely right and that is great advice. SER is the perfect tool for high comp keywords and you stand to make much more money in the long run.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    edited May 2013

I am in total agreement with @Startrip. I love the 75k - 150k per month keywords, but always try to be above 10,000 per month no matter what.

It takes no more work to go after these keywords. But be forewarned if you want to play successfully in these waters, you need more than a one page site.

• @Ron said: "But be forewarned if you want to play successfully in these waters, you need more than a one page site."

How big are your sites that rank for such keyword? I remember that before the mighty penguin update in april 2012, i was able to rank a free one site blogspot nr 1 for a 95k exact KW for 6 months...Do you thing this is not possible anymore?

thx
  • ronron SERLists.com

@traged I have been seeing a correlation with the 'stickiness' of my sites that have more than one page - on the bigger terms.

You only learn from experimenting. I lost rankings on a couple one page sites (meaning homepage + privacy + contact us, etc with no true inner pages) in the 25k - 50k range recently, whereas my multi-pagers are doing great up to 150K. I typically don't go over 10 pages on multipage sites.

High-value web 2.0's are a different story. They can hold their own with one page sites, generally speaking.