Skip to content

Settings Question for Ron, Ozz, Lee, who ever

I'm mosting working on TXA ( rons method, where X is a 1 or 2 or 3 )

1. Proxies, are you using them for everything?

I've got mine set to use proxies for everything BUT verification. I feel I dont need to proxy myself on verification, but Im feeling that maybe I dont need it for posting either or for checking PR ( since Im not going for PR ) and just need it for search. What are your guys thoughts on this?

2. How about Skip Hard To Solve Captchas? Since Im working on TXA stuff and sending it all to CB anyways and it cant solve it, does this sound OK to skip? I was sending them to DBC, but found it slowed me down too much and just decided to do CB with 0 retries.

3. Skips sites with bad words in HTML, Skip sites with bad words in domains: are you using this on lower tier stuff? I had enabled it and noticed a large % of sites were always blocked and not submitted to. Curious about your lower tiers as well.

4. Avoid posting to same domain twice - Again lower tier stuff. I have it NOT checked as I thought it would limit me on lower tiers.

Im not mad crazy about getting high LPM or submissions, but I would like to move up from 12 LPM and 15k submissions a day. My proxies are all private and under 2 seconds ( actually most are under 1 second ) so I am thinking these 4 settings could help me boost submissions and LPM per day.

Comments

• Also wanted to note, Im on a dedicated server with 100mb connection and I check it a lot. Im also doing verifications every 7199 minutes.
  • 150 threads, 145 HTML timeout, 12 seconds on SE's... using proxies for everything but verifications.

Using 34 search engines, mostly Google and Bing in a few countries ( US, Asian, European, Non English ) and Yandex, Baidu, Excite ( in a few countries ).

Im using Ron's method for Kitchen sink on my tiers and mainly concerned with that. Also, this is my only running project. ( for 1 project running, do my numbers sound normal for LPM and daily submissions? )

• googlealchemistgooglealchemist Anywhere I want
    I would suggest going back over and reading the relevant lpm based threads, especially lee and rons posts. I got most of my insight from those.

Some general food for thought for you...

I don't use proxies at all

100 threads. Try lowering your threads, I'm on a pretty powerful server, and I notice I get best performance at 100 vs 150 or 200+..or for that matter less.

I only have a few of the main country googles selected, faaaaaaaaaaaaar from just checking everything. I also do a lot of my own separate scraping and importing of new sites. I plan on testing this exclusively ie using sbox or ref to do all new harvests and just letting gsa do nothing but post, to see how many more lpm I can get

Here are the platforms I use, though on some projects (mainly indexing projects or direct on sites on bproof servers) I also have blog comments enabled. And of those, one of the biggest/best tips I got from this forum was to see which ones were performing the best and disabling the duds. I won't list my setup specifically though....but you need to open up the main platforms and disable the subsets that arent performing well.

I do not use any filters, no bad word lists,pr min, or any of that. I have the malware blacklist enabled but that's it.

A couple things that I need to retest separately to be sure they had a worthwhile effect...disabled log/autoscrolling, and I do all indexing separately so all those api options and pinging are turned off.

Another thing I need to keep testing is verification time, right now its set at 2880 but I'm gonna test it with another day added as the only time my lpm drop down is when everything starts to verify, naturally.

Save Identified/failed sites boxes are both unchecked

html timeout 180

captcha breaker 1 retry

There are some other data/option settings that I may have different than others I don't know but that's a real good start there and fills my good karma generation for a while hehehe.

And for any questions about lack of filters etc, all of my projects are either #1 or for newer projects still on the way they will be soon. And my rankings last long term too. GSA is a big part of my overall plan but I do other stuff too fyi.

And finally, while I'm not a record holder or anything, I have maxed out at 146 lpm and generally speaking, when not verifying I power along at 136 lpm consistently
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah...you (or anyone for that matter) should be able to do better than 12 LpM (with a just a little work).

Take a look at the Tips/Resouces/etc thread that I set up at the top of the forum. It lists a lot of the best threads about tweeking SER. If you are willing to spend the time (a day or so), one of the best boosts I have gotten is when I went through all the engines and figured out which ones were getting poor results and I quit using them. It takes a while to run the reports and analyze the results. I took these results and put them in an Excel spreadsheet to see what was working.

I don't remember if there is a link in the Tips/Resources/Etc for threads that talk about specifics of doing this, but I know there are one ow two that have talked about it. It they are not listed, you could do some searches to find those threads. I got a 2-3x boost when I did this.

I don't fret too much about LpM much any more. I'm sure I could tweek some more and boost it and I probably will at some time. But for now, I am content to run consistent between 70-90 LpM every day. And I do this from a home PC with a 25Mbps internet connection.

One other thing you don't mention is how many projects you are running. That has a huge effect on how many total links you can push. A lot of people can't figure out why the LpM is not higher and they only have 2-3 projects. Duh...!!!
  • ronron SERLists.com

Hey @eliquid

1) I use my proxies for everything, and it works great. In theory, you need them for the important things like searching and posting, but I found that my life is 10X simpler when I use them for everything.

2) On T1A, T2A, T3A I only use CB with Zero retries. The only time I use CB + DBC (as the second option) is for special projects like bookmarks or web2.0. Never waste your money on the junk tiers - only for links that go directly to your moneysite, and only for those that need them like web2.0 and bookmarks.

3) I do use the bad words list on all tiers, but I think a great argument can be made for dropping it on the junk tiers. I can't tell you how many websites got passed on the word 'ass', like massive, passive, grass, and a million other words.

4) I avoid posting on the same domain on T1 links (except for bookmarks). I always post on the same domain for T1A, T2A, T3A.

Lastly, I only have T1, T2 & T3 set to verify every 1440 minutes. I have disabled verification of T1A, T2A, T3A, and only do those once a week, usually on Sunday. In order for SER to run efficiently, it needs to spend less time verifying. 

• thanks guys, im looking into the issue just to make sure Im on my A game
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Another word to watch is "sex" used on a lot of sign up forms
  • I started a few more projects other then my 1. Didnt get much of a change ( jumped to 14 LPM ).

Oddly enough, when I stopped all the projects and shut down GSA.. and then restarted it promptly back and started the projects back to active, I have been sitting at 30+ LPM consistantly.

Still digging thru and gonna get this puppy up to at least 50 LPM before I rest.
  • Not sure what happened, but it just went crazy on me without me doing a thing to it and its at 62 LPM
  • edited April 2013
    Well, restarting GSA after my changes ( full shutdown and restart ) did the trick. 

Looks like Im in the 100+ LPM club now.

Gonna focus on hitting 40K submissions in a day now if I can and then going up to 100k a day submissions.

Thanks everyone!

• ron

from your explanation above, you separate bookmarks from T1A, T2A, T3A, right? You set up bookmarks as a standalone project.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Correct. Mainly because DBC is needed for better performance.
  • But you set up bookmarks (with DBC enabled) separately only for linking to money sites. There is no point to have a separate bookmark projects for T1, T2, and T3.
  • ronron SERLists.com
    Yes just for money sites.
  • spunko2010spunko2010 Isle of Man
    edited April 2013
    Sorry, can you summarize how you went from 14 LPM to 100+ LPM? If I'm reading this correctly all you did was remove the bad word filters , change captcha retry to 1, and shutdown and restart GSA???!