Skip to content

How to push old projects?

edited September 2012 in Need Help
Hi,

maybe u know that... when a project is a little older and has got a lot of backlinks, its getting slower... because its finding no new targets...
how do u deal with that? i mean how to push it...

deleting old keywords and replace them with new ones?

deleting url target history? ( if you do so... will it create double backlinks on same sites? i thought no, when you activated the dont post on same domains twice option )

other ideas?

thx

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

Well it is normal for some engines that it will not find much after a while as there are not much sites using that engine. Clearing history helps sometimes as the program than will try to submit again. It will however not post again as it knows where a link was successful in the past.

• and what about new keywords? ? would it be good... and how? replace the old ones or add only new ones in addition?
    Using new keywords might only help for Blog comment engines, all others make not much use of your keywords.
  • really?
    i thought keywords are the main point to find new targets?
    not for all engines. In project edit you see on the colour which engines use your keywords (dark green), use them sometimes (light green) or never (yellow). However you can of course use the option to always use keywords but than you will not find that much targets.
  • thus scraping our own sites using the built in scraper (options > advanced > tools > search online for URLs)
    using a combination of footprints and keywords would be the only real solution then ?
    only if you think your footprints find better results than the one the engine already use.
  • I've seen some projects build several hundred links and some only a couple hundred. It's almost as if the cup is full for that keyword using GSA. I've been running a tier1 and tier2 for each keyword and after a few days when it slows I change it to verify only and let the project finish up.