Skip to content

Exsiting Macro Use In Articles

AlexRAlexR Cape Town
edited April 2013 in Other / Mixed
In my articles, I'm trying to customise them to have really good content. So I have some .txt files with a lot of good content in a spin format. I want theme similar articles to be able to use this content. E.g. it has a resource list, then all articles in that theme can just grab that list and place it in. I have other lists/resources in my .txts and I would like my articles to pull these in using spinfile/file macros. (Creates far more random content than cutting and pasting it in) 

Would it be possible for it to allow us to use the 
%Spinfolder-
%File-

Macros within the article? 

I have some .txt files with content that I want it to place into the article and if I could use a macro it would be super useful! 

Comments

• SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de
    Yes. But maybe you should just use #file_links macro which is taking random lines from a file to create content. That macro was build for your needs.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - not wanting a random line but the entire contents of a .txt to get loaded into the article, so %file would be what would work here nicely! 

#file_links - maybe it's just the name but is this for links or how does it differ to %spinfile macro? 
    Thats how XR called it. Check macro guide for more. Anyway you can use macros recursively if that was your question.
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @sven - would like to use the %file macro in the articles (to pull entire contents of a .txt file into article), but on TEST window it didn't pull it through, not sure if it's test window or if articles don't support %file macro.

Will check guide for details on other macro.
    should even work in test
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    It is working now. Yesterday when I tested it wasn't working! Strange! Thanks!!