Skip to content

Optimal Thread count for my setup?

edited September 2012 in Need Help
I am using a vps with 
2 GB of dedicated ram, 
100 GB of data transfer/month, 
3 vCPU processor allocation, 
100 MB / 1 GB port connectivity, and 10 dedicated proxies from  proxy-hub (suggested in software). I am running GSA Indexer, and SER, as well as captcha sniper and that is all. I just have no idea what would be optimal for thread counts and how to check if I am setting too high or too low. 

So far I have around 12 projects running and will continue to add more... but for my tier2 projects where I set the limit very high(500 verified links/day) I am barely getting 40/day. Could this be because of non-optimal thread usage?

Comments

• s4nt0ss4nt0s Houston, Texas
    What is your threads set at now?

You're running 12 projects so I wouldn't expect to be getting 500 verified links per day. I'm sure you're getting plenty of submissions but 500 verified links per day per project probably isn't going to happen with 10 proxies and a small thread count.
  • edited September 2012
    @s4nt0s thanks for the quick response, I currently have it set at 150 threads(just moved it up from 100 as a test) I have 1100 submitted links total today and around 450 verified... is that typical?

Also, where it says "threads" in the bottom left hand corner next to today submitted and today verified the number ranges from 0-20 but never really higher than that even though I have 150 threads enabled... is that normal as well?

Thanks again!
    450 verified links per day is definitely pretty good. This software isn't Xrumer so it's more geared towards getting quality links then just blasting out a ton of crappy links. Even though you can pretty much do a blast if you want to.

I have the software running at 50 threads for me and it will bounce around from 5-8-20-38-49 threads but is never pegged at 50 for very long. All I know is that I get a good amount of backlinks every day so the software is doing its job.

That's pretty normal as far as I can tell, but Sven could probably better answer that.
  • Ok well its good to know that the software is running correctly, I am curious if there is a way to increase verified links though as between all of my projects(once they are all inputted) I will need around 2000 links daily... Would more proxies or an upgraded VPS help with this? Or is there a limit that the software can do? Thanks again!
    Well it really depends on your settings. Are you using PR and OBL filters? What about a badwords list? If you're just going for quantity then you can turn those filters off and get a lot more links.
  • I am using PR and OBL/PR/Bad word filters for my Tier 1 and just the bad word filters for Tier 2, which is where I really want the links. I will try turning off those bad word filters for the T2.
  • To follow up S4ntos's post, GSA SER in its current incarnation should be considered a monthly SAS without the monthly fee, which is pretty fantastic.
    That said it can easily offer the performance of a certain russian software in many areas. The fully automated aspect of GSA is one of its strongest points, (but also a bugbear to those that are used to sequential processing) however the use of human readable and easily editable 'engine' (configuration) files is arguably its strongest point. The explosion in compatible engines in the last few weeks is evident of that - compare that to the xmod market of the aforementioned software and you can see what i mean.
    edited September 2012
    @jamesruhle - You might want to still have a bad words list but you might not want it to be too big.

I'm curious on why you need 2,000 links daily? Is this a random number or ?
  • @s4nt0s im currently creating about that many with another software I have been using - mostly tier 2 links. This isn't for one project though those 2k links are spread out over 25-30 campaigns. I really love the potential and the automation like i've never seen before. I'm hoping that I can sometime soon replace my old(and very expensive) software with this one.

@m3ownz sorry for my lack of knowledge in Acronyms but what do you mean 'monthly SAS'
  • Software As A Service, think dripfeedblasts, backlink genie etc. Monthly services that provide automatic links. There are very few one time fee apps available that can do this as simply as GSA, and none i have encountered that offer the diversity. 

How does your current software source its targets? Does it search and gather new ones or build from a static pool? Im confident GSA SER can outperform your current solution  - understanding how it works would help to offer you the best advice on how to replace it. 
  • Current software gets it targets from a pool, and yes, there is definitely a lot I need to learn about GSA can you suggest any good tutorials or case studies outside of the official tutorials?
  • James... SER just keeps getting better and faster! I am running on a home PC (not VPS). It is a quad-core cpu with 8GB RAM and a good internet connection (for home) at 10-17Mbps. I am also running Captcha Sniper X as the only captcha solving service (right now).

I started four new projects late last night. One to a money site, only PR2+ links and pretty tight restrictions on everything else. The other three were tier 2 links to some tier 1s I have previously built myself. These tier 2 projects were pretty "loose" as far as restrictions (no PR restriction, pretty good bad word list, no indexer-pingbak-referrer links).

Since SER has been running so much faster, I cut the threads back to 30 so that it would not build too many links before I could check it in the morning. Geez...Louise!!! By the time I checked it at 8:00AM this morning, it had created over 2200 links!! I stopped it for the day, just so I could check it out, let verify run, and let the Indexer catch up a little.

I was blown away to say the least! I checked the stats, and there is a nice spread across all the platforms. It is not like it just built most of them on one platform or another.

So, I would say, if you wanted to getting 2000+ links/day to tier 2 sites should not be a problem.
  • Just to check before i suggest anything, are you using the demo version or have you bought it? The only reason i ask is because the demo version throttles submissions to 100 per hour.