Skip to content

Do You Need To Create an E-Mail Address Anymore?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
The "How-To" videos say you have to create an E-mail address and verify it, but I have the latest version of SER and looks like the E-mail address is filled in already.

Is that true?

Comments

• Yes, you need to create your own email accounts. What @nexblanc01 says about "the more emails, the more links..." is "somewhat true". Whether SER will create multiple accounts/links on any one site depends on Whether you have the "Avoid posting to same URL twice" option checked or not. You can also "Delete Target URL Cache" and "Delete Target URL History" for a project, and this will cause SER to try to create new accounts and post to already processed sites again (do a search for more info on these options/settings).
  • I'd like to hear from the creator on this. Is it necessary to buy or create hotmail accounts for projects anymore?
  • Wow! I guess Sven will need to answer all your questions from now on.
  • SvenSven www.GSA-Online.de

You only need new email accounts if you are worried about getting blacklisted by certain sites that are used on some engines to stop you from posting. If they see an email is used all the time to create accounts everywhere, it is very likely you are getting banned and you loose the chance of getting new links as you can not sign up. 

So yes, you still have to exchange the emails once in a while. Though it is not recommended to add like 1000 emails for a project because this would decrease the verification speed since a random email is used for signup and later a lot email accounts have to be checked. I would leave it to like 10 emails by project and check/exchange them once they are blacklisted.

• *shameless self plug* or you could use a catchall like account creator + makes for you and use as many emails as you want cause SER just has to login to one email account.
  • I was just about to tell them the same theorbital :)
  • LeeGLeeG Eating your first bourne
    Don't tell them about Account Creator +, they will all want a copy of the best email creator for ser
    Lets keep it the worst kept secret on here
    One of the single best bits of software aimed at ser I use