Skip to content

What is the Success Rate of Public Proxies Scraped Using the Proxy Scraper?

edited April 2013 in Need Help
Buying proxies is not in my budget right now and would like to here from someone using the built in Public Proxy Scraper using public proxies with SER projects with regard to success rates?

Also, when using Proxies with SER do I have to disable Hide-My-Ass software when running SER projects? I bought HMA and was using it when I had SENukeX which I don't subscribe to anymore.

Thanks in Advance!

Comments

• edited April 2013

Very few IMers uses public proxies. They are garbage. You have no idea who you are connecting to. You have no control over the speed in connection. You'll get dropped connections, spoofed, etc. You want a reliable connection.

HMA is not recommended. There is no reliable way to switch IPs on the fly with HMA without losing connection to all opened threads. You want to rotate IPs frequently, especially when visiting search engines, ping sites, checking your PR, etc. HMA provides only one open IP address at any one given time, not multiple IPs at any one time. This means all threads are serviced using the same IP address, GSA connects to many different web services throughout its processing (Submission, PR Checking, search engines, etc). If you hit those services too frequently, you'll end up getting an IP ban.

Spend the $10/month for private proxies. Think like a businessman who wants to make money, rather than one who is afraid of losing money.