Skip to content

tier2 project for 200 different websites (non gsa tier1)

edited April 2013 in Need Help
hello,
i would like to use ser as my tier2 links only, i generating my tier1 not from gsa/ser.
my issue is that i have like 200 websites, for example i have 
websites.txt:
car.com
golf.com
keywords.txt:
{car insurance|auto insurance}
{gold sport|play golf}

how can make i sure when ser use line2 from websites.txt it will use also line2 from keywords.txt?

i found something on the macro guide, but it seems to work only for the same input, and not if i wanna grab from 2 + diff files

Thanks!

Comments

• avielmedina you can use add site with anchor text option to do this..its easy to manage...

Thankas
  • hey maulik, yea i know this feature, but what if i want also similar content like in description450 field? 
  • MrXMrX Germany
    edited April 2013
    you can use the spinfolder macro. but then you have to structure your data like this:
    Folder Main
              Folder URLs             :::    1.txt (site1 URLs)
                                             :::    2.txt (site2 URLs)
                                             :::    ...
              Folder content250   :::    1.txt (site1 content text)
                                             :::    2.txt (site2 content text)
                                             :::    ...

You have to repeat this for every piece of content you want like content450, article title etc etc. Just make sure that your content is numbered the right way and SER will always pick the same number X.txt in every folder.

• wow ok amazing thanks for your great reply!
  • AlexRAlexR Cape Town
    @magicmastermind - thanks for that tip!

I knew it worked for articles, but didn't realise it worked across all input fields.

So you basically have a folder for each input field and in each input field you have a unique number for each website? Is that about right?